Is it possible to call events from a menu screen without making them into global events?

Also, is there any problem in terms of optimization/performance when creating a lot of global events?

I'm asking because I want a player to enter cities from an overworld map. The player won't be moved to another scene, but they will get into a menu with all the options for that city. Visiting a character from that menu will result in a dialogue and showing some images, which I'm doing through an event of course.

I also found a little unrelated odd bug. All characters have an exp bar, which is shown in a HUD. Additionally all characters other than the protagonist gain points when fighting battles together with the protagonist, this is also shown as a bar in the HUD. This bit of HUD has the requirement of not being the protagonist combatant.

The problem is that the bar doesn't appear at all, or is somewhere off-screen when those points are 0. Also the text that's on the bar is in the wrong place and moves to the correct position as soon as they gain this companionship exp. It's not a big issue, as starting them on a value of 1 fixes the problem and I'm cool with that, but just thought I'd mention it.
  • Actually, I've tried calling a global event from a menu screen button list, but it doesn't seem like the event is starting at all.

Is this possible at all? D:
  • Sub-menus can start game events using the selected item/ability/whatever as selected data in the event - this is e.g. available in inventory and ability menus.

Can you give me more details on your menu screen's settings, e.g. does it pause the game and does the global event you're calling have any requirements?

As for your HUD issue - I'd need to see your settings to check this out :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!