edited April 2020 in ORK Support
Hi ORK community,

I've got a game mechanic that I want to try and implement and I can't seem to find the right way to do it. Basically, I want damage from an attack to deplete one status value (say Stamina), and when that status value reaches 0 then any damage remaining from that attack to be applied to another status value (say Health).

So if you have 10 Stamina and an attack deals 15 damage, the remaining 5 points of damage is subtracted from your Health.

What would be the way to accomplish this, if there is a way?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by dragoonleaph on
  • Check out the Barrier Settings in Consumable type status values, they allow setting up this kind of mechanic, using another status value as shield for damages.

If you set up stamina as a barrier for HP, every attack on HP (that doesn't ignore barriers) will first reduce stamina.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you GiL, this looks like it works for what I'm doing. I appreciate the help!