• Exactly - selected data is generally the way to go when accessing variables of an item, equipment or ability.

For this use case your setup is correct, selecting the equipment from the equipment part you want and accessing the variables via the Selected variable origin. If you select multiple equipment, you can use the Multi Value Use setting to e.g. combine them all together.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    Hi, I had problems with Custom Camera Wrapper reacting with battle camera events and I added in Start
    ORK.Control.AddCameraControl(this);

and now it works. So, I think maybe
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/custom-playercamera-controls/

the example here also needs this command? Or something else went wrong with it?

another question

/// <summary>
    /// Sets the initial camera control target and handles camera target transitions.
    /// </summary>
    protected void LateUpdate()
    {
    if(!this.initialChange)
    {
    GameObject target = this.CameraTarget;
    if(target != null)
    {
    this.initialChange = false;
    this.CameraTargetChanged(null, target);
    }
    }

if(this.IsCameraTargetTransition)
    {
    this.TransitionUpdate(this.transform.position, this.transform.rotation);
    }
    }

Should this line be = true?
    this.initialChange = false;
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Strange, that'd be the same as defining the custom controls in ORK via the component's name, it uses the same functionality. So my guess would be that it couldn't find the component (e.g. wrong class name).

Yeah, you're right - fixed it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2021
    Hey, if I call this inside Ability cast, would this "Select every enemy that was target of this cast and died" ? Or do I have my filtering wrong?

I'm trying to make a perk where if you kill enemy you get AP back. So trying to count each kill.

Incidentally, is there a built in way to translate selected data count into variable? :D
  • If the enemy died before using that node, yes - though you maybe need to wait a short time before (e.g. Wait node with 0 second wait to continue next frame).

I don't think there's currently a selected data count to variable node. Alternatively, you could also do that in the combatant's death battle event.
  • edited September 2021
    Hey!
    In Active Turn Based combat, when combat starts what could cause the system to create a new player instance?

I'm not using any spawn or destroy events.

When I search in debug mode the field leader is my player, but battle leader is new player.

I am using custom script to create and spawn a combatant. Is there something special I must call to set my custom combatant as both battle and field leader?

• Nevermind. The problem was I had already created combatant for character creation in previous scene and I was not removing it before spawning new one.