• You need to keep the context of the actors in mind - e.g. All Enemies refers to the enemies of the User.
    So, if an enemy dies, the enemies of the enemy is the player group :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    Is there a way to target Player's enemies? Or select all combatants of a faction? So I could select enemy faction?
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • For combatant "On Spawn" "Turn Started"etc game events that you can define in editor. How do I target the subject actor of event in game event? So, for example I check whether combatant that was spawned is in battle?
  • So this is because the wooden obstacles are enemies?
    Can you set them to a neutral faction so that combat doesn't rely on them being there?
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I need them to be counted as enemies for some formulas.
  • The player's enemies for a dying enemy are allies.

The combatant is used as Starting Object (actor) in these events. The Check Status node can check if the combatant is in battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!
    The problem with the death script is that, if we speak in terms of player, either Players group member, allies or enemies can die. So it's hard to check who died with one battle event.
    So far the work around I found was to use Combatant Types as factions or assign separate death script to the enemy combatants.
  • Well, you can use other nodes to check that beforehand - e.g. the Check Faction node to check which faction an actor belongs to, or the Check User node which checks if the user is player controlled or not.
  • cool! Thanks!
    That's what I was looking for Check Faction, I thought it would be in Status checks. :D
    ORK is it's own RPG, gotta explore more :D
  • If ORK is an RPG, selected data is the final boss :D
  • edited September 2019
    Yep :D Still exploring all the ways it can be used.

#1)Is there a way to show the "User used X Ability on Target" Text as flying text over user? Like on status effects?
  • While you can display the battle info (Battle System > Battle Text > Info Text Settings) at the combatant's position, there are no options for flying texts for this.

You'd have to manually add them in your battle events.
  • Thanks!
    There is no way to capture the moment in events when combatant is placed on grid cell right?
    I tried adding game event on Combatants "on spawn event" in editor and checking there if the battle is running when combatant is spanwed.
    But, because I use "combatant preview" on combatant placement,(The thing where combatant objects are previewed when you try to place them in combatant placement cells) the event triggers when the preview combatant is spawned, not when it's placed on grid cell.
  • No, not really - placing on a cell and previewing during the placement use the same functionality (i.e. previewing them is already placing them).
  • edited September 2019
    Thanks!
    #1) Is there a way to tap into combatant controller changes? For example to play some sound when combatant is running?
    #2) Is it possible to setup "Use Battle Action" node so it ignores the "Field/Battle" filter of ability? I want to use some abilities in cut-scenes but not have them available normally in field.