I continue to deal with the combat system. How can I implement the rollback system? I understand that I need to make the movement of the character with the camera horizontally and the activation of the roll animation when the button is pressed. How can I do that?
  • There are different ways to do it - but all will use the event system to animate/move the combatant.

E.g. setting up the roll as an ability of the combatant (using battle events to animate it), using control maps to start it.
    Another option is using a Global Event that's activated when the key is pressed and uses a game event to do the roll.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I implemented the rollover system with the help of the keyboard shortcuts W and Q or E. All this is shown in the video. But there was a problem. Rollovers are performed even if I release the Q and E keys. How can I make sure that when I let them go, the rollovers stop and when I press them they start again?

• I guess you want to roll when pressing the roll keys while moving forward?

In this case, you need to use the ORK Input Key input origin instead of the Key Combo, add the 2 keys and set needed to All.

Key Combo input is e.g. for A>A>B
    ORK Input Key input needing All keys is e.g. for A+B
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • after making a roll, my character goes sometimes into idle animation, instead of running. How to fix it? video link below

• What's your animator controller's setup?
    Also, try adding a Wait node (e.g. 0.1 or even 0 seconds) between moving and enabling auto animations, and make sure to enable Use Position Change in your combatant's movement settings (at the bottom).
  • I did everything but it does not work

• I meant adding a Wait node between Change Position and the 2nd Auto Animation node (enabling auto animations again). You've added it before the Change Position node :)

Also, did you try this without disabling auto animations?
  • I’m already like that, but it doesn’t help in any case, I deleted the auto animation. got better. but in any case, sometimes after somersault Idle animation is played. Use Position Chang is included as well.
  • Well, your animator controller has a transition from your roll animations back to idle, so that might be why this happens if the timing is bad.

It might be best to not use ORK's auto animations and use a float parameter in your animator controller that is set to the combatant's speed instead. In ORK's animation setup, enable Set Horizontal Speed and define the name of a float parameter and ORK will set it to the combatant's movement speed - you can have transitions to idle and different movement animations based on that.
  • I have never worked with Horizontal Speed. What parameter do I need to enter in it so that it works in my settings. And what do I do in the animator, I understand that?

• That's definitely a wrong setup :)

Set up a float parameter in your animator controller where ORK will store the player's movement speed into - e.g. name it speed. This is what you set the Horizontal Parameter in ORK's mecanim animation setup to.
    ORK will now store the player's movement speed into that parameter.

In your animator controller, you can now make transitions to idle, walk or run animations based on the speed (e.g. using a blend tree).
  • edited November 2019
    I kind of figured this out now everything is working correctly. One problem arose in the blend tree. I have four animations there - idle, walk, run, sprint. in the game, the animator immediately switches from idle immediately to sprint. how to do it, he gradually switched from running to sprint when I press the sprint key. old settings with blend tree do not work.

Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • As said earlier, you'd not use ORK's auto animations in that setup (since the animation is played based on the speed parameter) - i.e. you should disable Use Auto Animation in the combatant's setup.

As for the idle/movement animations, it's best to only have movement (walk, run, etc.) in the blend tree and have idle as a seprate state, which transitions to the blend tree if speed is greater 0 and back to idle if speed is 0 (or use 0.1 for the value of both).
    Unity's free Unity-chan asset has a good setup like that if you want to check it out :)
  • thanks, I figured it out!!