• JMRJMR
    edited January 2020
    1) I have an option to be able to always move turned on in Player Auto Grid Move. I also have a tooltip that moves with a cursor and shows the costs of moving. It works well, however when I move cursor over enemy, over a player or over shortcuts/ ui the tooltip showing move costs stays. How can I turn this tooltip off in those instances?

2) Is there a way to have a number of shortcuts fit a number of active abilities available to player at the moment, so there are no empty shortcuts buttons when you have fewer abilities at the moment?

3) I use Show Flaying Text to both inform player about misses and blocks and I also use similar setting for battle barks enemies shout at the player. However often when there are few flying text at the same time, a bark text substantially increases in fonts size. I don't know how to fix it, however I guess it's related to the fact that battle barks are mounted.

4) When I enabled Cursor Over Target, Need Target in my mouse button shortcut for default attack Target Enemy Cursor stopped showing when hovering mouse over enemies. How to bring it back?

5) When I put image into shortcuts buttons it becomes washed out. I don't know what causes this. [Edit for some reason in a built version images look as they should, only in editor they look bad]
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) I guess you're talking about the Info Text dialogue in the move command settings? Well, it's not a tooltip, so it isn't cancelled out by regular tooltips. I don't think there's currently a way to turn it off in those cases.

2) No, but you can set up the Empty Slot layout so that it doesn't display anything, so there's no 'button' displayed. At least if you're talking about the Shortcut HUD elements.

3) You can use multiple flying text positions to prevent them being displayed over each other. By enabling Use In Order and Reset Order (e.g. with a Reset After of 0.1) you can have the additional positions only be used when multiple texts are dispalyed at the same time (or in short order). If your flying texts don't override the default positions, you can set them up in Battle System > Battle Texts in the Flying Text Settings for all flying texts.

4) That's due to there no longer being a target selection. If your control map key uses the combatant below the cursor as the target (Use Cursor Over Target), the action is used immediately on it, without causing a target selection (which is needed of the cursor).
    You can try using the Attack Range Cursors instead.

5) Hm, strange. What's the size of the image and the size of the shortcut slot?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited January 2020
    1) Yes. Is there some workaround here? I like the idea of having movement costs be showed at the spot at which player is looking because it reduces the amount of eye movement.

2,3,4) Thank you!

5) I did some more checking and it turned out that shortcuts aren't a problem. Whole ORK GUI is washed out in Unity preview, but look as it should in a built.

6) When I have more than 3 different shortcuts lists huds toggled on, it prevents my character from using Player Auto Grid Move and using shortcuts abilities that requires target selection. With abilities that requires target selection, it seems that a root of a problem is that a selection appears to be very distorted, because sometimes there are some spots above combatant that can be used to initiate ability. Only buff abilities works.

7) I have binded default attack to left mouse key. However when I change my default attack to an ability that have Target Range None and uses Affect Range Setting Calculation, ability targets only a single enemy rather than use grid range. When I use abilities from a shortcuts that target enemies, default attack seems to overwrite them.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) No, currently not - I'll look into adding new options to hide it.

5) Hm, that's strange, might be due to the default screen size and GUI scaling setup in ORK (both in Game > Game Settings) or Unity's preferred resolution?

6) The only way I see this happening is that the GUI boxes of your HUDs block the screen. If they e.g. have Cursor Over enabled, that'd prevent the cell seletion if the cursor is above the GUI box.

7) I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 7) Tested this and working fine here - could you give me more details on your control map key's setup?
  • 1) Thank You
    5) You are right
    6) You are right. I used your suggestion to remove empty shortcuts slots in 2), however it seems those empty slots seems to be blocking screen :(
    7) image
  • Ah, sorry, I've missed the None target range - also happening here in that case.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • Thanks!
    6)What should I do with empty shortcuts blocking a scene? I have tooltip enabled over abilities, so I can't just disable Cursor Over.
  • 6) I'll look for a solution.
  • There'll be an option to hide empty slots completely.
  • You are a lifesaver GL :)
  • I have created a combat defeat event. It fades screen into ala Dark Souls gray and shows an image and then ends a game. Problem is that after a load/exit menu shows up and you click exit and go to main menu the gray fade and image stays. After starting new game, fade disappears, but image stays. What should I do with it?
  • You need to also remove that image - same goes for fading, the screen fader will stay the way you've left it, so if it should be removed again, you need to fade out the screen (0 alpha value).
  • I know, but I want the effect to stay until you click load game button or exit to main menu button from end game menu.