• 2) Ah, wait - this is during target selection for another ability, and you try to select a target via clicking on it?
    In that case, disable During Target Selection in the control map key's requirements :)

3) Oh, you're talking about the grid move's Info Text?
    Yeah, that'll stay as long as the grid move's cell selection is active.

4) Are we talking about the battle action 'escape', i.e. running away from the battle, or are we talking about the input 'escape'?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    2) That solved the problem, thanks :)
    3) Is it possible then, to disable grid move's cell selection when I hover over GUI? As you saw the effect looks horrible and I am sure it will scare away players :(
    Having Move Costs be showed as a box that moves with a cursor is a standard nowadays and for good reasons.
    4) We are talking about the input "escape". Sorry for chaotic explanation.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 3) I'll look into it.

4) By any chance, did you set up a Battle Menu Key using escape in your battle system type's settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    3) Thank you very much :)
    4) I had Auto Call Battle Menu enabled. I disabled this setting and selected None as a Battle Menu Key and something strange happened. After pressing "escape" button in battle, some HUD elements such as console disappear and my character can run around the grid as it was not a grid.

When I choose "delete" key as a Battle Menu Key, then after pressing "escape" key it was the same as before, but when I pressed "delete" Hud elements reappeared. Then I pressed "escape" again and Battle Menu appeared.

That's strange.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 3) There'll be an option for that in the next update :)

4) Hm, sounds like your escape key is used somewhere else - maybe a menu screen, global event or something like that?
  • 3) Thank You very much
    4) I have already checked all menus and all global events, found nothing.

I changed in input key a cancel key from "escape" to "space." Now all problems are caused by "space". So the problem is caused not by "escape" but by using cancel key during battle. We are one step closer to fixing it now.
  • 3) ORK 2.28.1 just released and includes this :)

4) Hm, ok - can you tell me when you're using it and it causes this issue?
    E.g. is this during target selection for something from the shortcut slot, or just generally during battle?
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    3) I tested it. It's great! My game looks so much more pleasant and professional now :)

4) Generally during battle. In my tests I enter battle and the first thing I do is press cancel key and the problem immediately occurs. It also bugs me why only some hud elements disappear when I use cancel. The same Huds elements for some reason disappear when I use attack ability or move on the grid. They are all information and console type of Huds.

5) I have a none shortcut type which ends my turn. How can I use icon with this shortcut?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 4) Alright, I'll do some tests.
    Are there some requirements on the disappearing HUD elements? Or if a complete HUD disappears, what's the requirement on the HUD?

5) You can set up the content info (name, description, icon) for these special actions in Battle System > Battle Texts, e.g. for None it's in Text Settings > None Command.
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    3) Found a bug with new features :( If you disable Cursor Over in shortcuts GUI box, while using Ui Hides Box in movement Info text, clicks on shortcuts are ignored and game interprets them as move commands and you also see Move Costs tooltip on shortcut :(
    4)

5) Thanks. I am blind because before posting my question I was looking exactly there but I missed the option :0
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 3) Well, if you disable Cursor Over, the GUI box is no longer recognized for cursor over ... that's what the setting is there for :)
    Clicking on an assigned shortcut (and tooltips for it) will still work (at least with ORK 2.28.0+).

4) What about display requirements on the HUD elements?
    Since only certain elements vanish, I'd assume they have requirements set up?
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    3) After more testing problem seems to be independent from Ui Hides Box, so I don't know what causes it.

I am using the newest Ork patch. Clicking on assigned shortcut with disabled Cursor Over ignores shortcut and clicks on the ground.

4) There are no requirements set up on any of disappearing Hud elements. Also some disappearing Hud elements like console doesn't even allow for having display requirements.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 3) What are your shortcut HUD's Click Use Settings?

4) Hm, that's strange - without requirements on HUD elements, they'd always be displayed, unless they're not supported in the current state (e.g. grid move range is onl available in grid battles).
    As for entire HUDs disappearing, that'd mean that their display conditions are not met, e.g. based on the settings you posted, the player control being restored or a blocking menu screen being called.
  • 3) I have noticed that shortcuts use abilities as they should only if they are positioned on the cell that is not reachable by move command. If I click on a cell that is reachable by move command character moves there instead of using ability. Also move tooltip is showed on those abilities, even thought Ui Hides Box is enabled.

I think the problem is caused by Ork prioritizing move command over ability use.

4) In control was to blame. Thank you:)
  • 3) Hm, might be ... but that's generally what the Cursor Over setting is there for :)