I'm using the 2D Roguelike tutorial controls for my character. When I try to change scenes, nothing happens; the player stays in the same scene. I've tried using the spawners and scene changers for both Makinom and ORK, but neither work. I'm making sure to use a 2D Box Collider instead of the regular collider. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  • Check if:
    - the scene changer's conditions are valid (e.g. game states, variables, etc.)
    - the player is really within the trigger (also check in 3D space)
    - the player is set as player :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • - There are no conditions on the scene changer
    - The player seems to be within the trigger, when I use a 3D collider it doesn't work, either
    - The player is set as player

I'm going to try using the Roguelike's tutorial for the Exit and see if that works for changing scenes.
  • - Make sure that the layers for the player and the scene changer properly interact in the layer grid.

- That Box Collider 2D is indeed set to Is Trigger.

Here's a quick shot of one of my scene changers, for reference:

Note that for mine, I check for a Player tag so that only the Player herself can activate it which may or may not be necessary depending on your setup.

Before I made this change, weapons and other things technically attached to the player could activate the scene changer. :V
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • That's so weird, I've done exactly as you did (tagged the player as Player), and it's still not working. I looked at the 2D Roguelike tutorial for how it changes scenes, and I don't want to have to use schematics to change the scene. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if it's just a bug.
  • Just did a quick test and replaced the trigger machines in the 2D roguelike project with regular scene changers and it worked fine.

Make sure your layers can collide with each other - check in Edit > Project Settings > Physics 2D if they're enabled in the Layer Collision Matrix.

@Kirb
    The Start By Root Object setting would actually be there to only start interactions by the root game object, not any child objects :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, so I finally downloaded the 2D Roguelike project so I could look at the player prefab and see if I was missing something. Turns out I was missing a 2D Box collider on my player prefab.

Doh.

Let's just say it works now ;)