I was just wondering if it's possible to have the turn order menu part shift around to preview the effects of delaying skills, before you do them.

Additionally, is it possible to have the changes animate after you do a skill.

These things are done in FFX and Octopath traveler for examples.

So, are these things possible, or would I have to build a whole custom thing for it?
  • The turn order HUD currently doesn't take previews into account. I'll look into it, though :)

As for the animations, that's something that's on my todo list to add - will most likely come for the new GUI layouts in future updates.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh man, it would be so awesome if previews and animations work! Any possibility of a loose ETA?

Would it be possible, when using multi-turns combat, to delay a turn for a set amount of turns. So you delay an enemy for a turn, so one player combatant can attack, and right after that the enemy still goes. So he's not stunned for his turn completely.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to make interesting combat where the player can manipulate the turn order as part of the strategy. It also must be very clear to a player what the outcome of abilities will be to make informed choices. If none of this really works I'll possibly have to adjust the design accordingly. Maybe scripting or use Makinom to make a custom system, but not as familiar with Makinom yet.
  • Will both be in the next update :)

In multi-turns, you can use the Turn Based Order Changes settings in abilities/items to change the combatant's turn value, e.g. moving the turn back a bit.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have 'allow preview' activated in the turn order HUD settings, but it doesn't seem to change on target selection. I have an ability that does delay the turns properly, but when I target the enemy with that skill, their turn order HUD flashes so I see which one I target, but their turn order doesn't change until I actually do the skill.

Also, I am using the turn order change setting in the ability, but there's no way to change it a set number of turns, right? Their speed has an effect on the amount of turn points they get, so it's difficult to know how much to change the value exactly.

The turn order also instantly moves after a turn, rather than moving over. I did add an open and close box behavior to the GUI box, but that only affects the first and last box. Is there any way to make this part of the GUI look prettier?

Lastly, is it possible to remove the current turn from the list or change its look? If I can remove it I could possibly use a turn start event to display it a bit larger at the top of the screen and have a small flashy thing going on.
  • edited January 2020
    Make sure you've got the selection previews enabled in Menus > Menu Settings in the Status Preview Settings. E.g. Target Selection Preview to have previews during the target selection.

For the turn order changes to be animated, you need to use a GUI Layout in the HUD's Multi-Box Layout setting - the used layout needs to use the Move Settings for moving the GUI boxes over time.

I don't think it's currently possible to remove the current turn (i.e. first combatant), I'll look into it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on