Hello. My understanding about rigidbodies is that one rigidbody on a root game object would result in child objects with colliders also receiving collision events, and that only one object--either the impacted object or the projectile--needed a rigidbody to cause collisions. But to get a Makinom collision machine to register collision events in order to change object variables on the impacted object, I have to put a rigidbody on each child that has a collider, which can cause some problems. If there is no rigidbody, there is a collision but no variable change (just VFX like particles colliding). Is my original understanding of colliders wrong?
  • edited July 2019
    AFAIK at least one of the game objects colliding needs a rigidbody on the same game object as the collider. Setting the rigidbody to Is Kinematic should prevent it from affecting other stuff.

Best use case would be to have a rigidbody on the game object with the machine :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, as always! In this case, a rigidbody on the projectile with collider was not enough, and required a rigidbody on the impacted object as well to trigger damage to the impacted object. But it works ok now.