Hello I'm was trying to set up a simple 2D network test scene with makinom in unity 2017 and had a few questions.

this is the schematic setup for the server and client.
Show Dialogue - 1. Host > Start Server (Default Port) > Start Client (Set Ready, Local Client) > SpawnPlayer (NetworkSpawn)
2. Join > Start Client (Default Connection) > Spawn Player (NetworkSpawn)
Is this correct?

heres the component setup for the player prefab
I'm using auto machine for movement and animation stuff right now

Right now I can only seem to get it to sync the movement on the game that started the server any movement from the clients game doesnt want to sync.

Any idea how i can get the basic movement to be synced?

• Are both players using the same inputs and input IDs for the movement? That might be an issue, as the client can only move objects it has authority over.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2019
    yes their both using the same input ids in makinom for movement. Can I use the spawn prefab and use prefabs as my players instead of the spawn player in player settings? I will edit this later to show my results for using different input ids using prefabs for players.
    Post edited by FreedTerror on