Hi,
I'm trying to build a sort of wooden barricade that player must break in order to reach combatants (https://custom-gwent.com/cardsBg/2d4872e294221fa01ea555b398707224.jpeg) and I wanted to ask few questions. (Only one atm)

What would be the most optimal/fast way to to make this obstacle combatant skip his turn and generally not have AI/Do nothing? Do I set up AI to do nothing, or set AP to 0? Or use Turn Start game event to end turn?
  • They're all good options, but I tink the best way would be using a status effect with Block All Actions enabled. The effect could be set to hidden to hide it from any UI in case you need that.

Add the status effect as an Auto Status Effect in the combatant's status settings and you're pretty much set up :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks!

#2) I need to keep these obstacles on the map before the combat starts. And I want these obstacle combatants to join the battle that spawns other combatants. How can I set that up?

I tried setting Battle Object, and toggling Nearest Battle on "Add Combatant" Game object, but when linked/nearest battle starts the obstacle combatant does not join the battle.

Am I missing something in setup?
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Grid battles are a bit more complex here ... e.g. if the combatants don't have cells to spawn on they can't participate in battle.

Might be easiest if you just have dummy object outside of battle and disable/destroy them at the start of the battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! I'll try that approach.