what do you think to do, make a game like "forest". Which plugin is better to use makinom or ORK?
  • Ork, however, you can use both.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I don't know the game, could you post a link to it (or a video of it)?

Generally - if it's an RPG or something similar (e.g. zelda-style) or uses RPG systems (e.g. stats and equipment), you'll best use ORK Framework.
    Makinom is more of a general toolkit for implementing all kinds of mechanics :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

• This is a survival game. https: //store.steampowered.com/app/242760/The_Forest/. I'm just wondering how to make a weapon fire system. I understand that you need to use Damage dealers. But how to aim, so that the bullet hits the crosshairs.
  • edited September 2019
    I had the crosshair very far away but using a shader that X-rays through objects. then when you spawn a bullet you have that bullet Rotate towards the crosshair and then Move on it's Z axis forward.

You don't have to make the crosshair a physical object. it can be anything, even an empty gameobject so that your crosshair remains as HUD.

You just need to make sure it all lines up.

Example :
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I was interested in another problem. if I am doing first-person survival, how do I implement a weapon and its animation. For example, I have hands with an ax. They have an animator controller on them. Using the equipment viewer, the weapon is displayed. even idle animation is played, however attack animation cannot be played
  • Makinom doesn't have inventory and equipment system, although you can do it yourself but it will not easy.
    If you want inventory and equipment system out of the box then use ORK.

But I say it best to use both!
  • I'd say having stuff fly to where your crosshair points is best done using raycasting. There are nodes available for getting the position where the raycast hit, so you can move your projectile there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was interested in another problem. if I am doing first-person survival, how do I implement a weapon and its animation. For example, I have hands with an ax. They have an animator controller on them. Using the equipment viewer, the weapon is displayed. even idle animation is played, however attack animation cannot be played
  • I bet there are tons of tutorials for doing first person setup with Unity out there :)

For ORK (or Makinom) it doesn't really make much difference - it'll just play the animation. If there is an animation on the weapon itself that needs to be played, you'll have to do that e.g. in your battle event of your attack, using a Legacy Animation or Mecanim Animation node and use a child object of the game object (i.e. defining the path to the weapon game object on your player's game object).