edited May 2014 in ORK Support
Hi,
Hi I am trying to take in a input during a Active time battle attack.

I am trying to create conditions during this event?
Like if statement using the Event System, is this available yet?

Thanks!!!

• let me explain further,
    When a Character goes to attack I would like the attack event to
    Check which input button the player touches and if it is Button A do Attack A if Button B do Attack B Etc...

I cant seem to pin point the right event node for checking.

thanks!

• edited May 2014
    I think what you'd need for this would be 'Check Input' (for holds) and 'Wait for Input' Forks; which is something I've recently requested in the feature request thread.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Thanks Kirb, I will keep a eye out for it.

• Currently you can use the Wait For Input step for this - but you can only check for a single input at a time.

The fork step that Kirb requested will be in one of the next updates :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice, thanks , can't wait :)

• I'm curious, will the Wait For Input Forks step allows us to check for more than one input at a time and perform another step base on that input as gameintern have asked about?
    Just another example to clear my brain, let's say I want to assign the wait for input step to three different buttons and have them perform different thing base on the button click. Will the Wait For Input forks step allow this?
  • There are already some fork steps (e.g. status fork, game variable fork) to try out - generally, they'll execute the next step for the first valid condition.

With inputs, it will be like this:
    - input fork with button A, B and C
    - each button has it's own next step
    - whatever button the player presses first will execute its next step.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, I see. That sounds fantastic. Just what I was hopefully for. Can't wait for it.