Hi,

I use Phase Battles with hexagonal grids and a Shortcut HUD that is always visible. For an attack ability (that is diplayed in the shortcut HUD), I use a Battle Range Template with a Mask Shape Type, Ignore Size Cells checked (since my character uses 2 hexes), range 1, Add Occupied Cell checked and Local Space checked (to rotate the mask with the character since it is 2 hexes long).

If I move so that an enemy is inside the range of the ability (1 hex), but not under a hex that is selected in the mask, I get the following errors repeating each second or so in the console:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
ORKFramework.GridRangeSetting.GetCellCombatants (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent origin, System.Int32 direction, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ORKFramework.Combatant]& list, ORKFramework.GridCellCheck check, ORKFramework.Consider isEnemy, ORKFramework.Consider isDead, ORKFramework.Consider inBattle) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GridRangeSetting.GetCellCombatants (ORKFramework.Combatant user, System.Int32 direction, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ORKFramework.Combatant]& list, ORKFramework.GridCellCheck check, ORKFramework.Consider isEnemy, ORKFramework.Consider isDead, ORKFramework.Consider inBattle) (at :0)
ORKFramework.BattleRangeSetting.GetTargets (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Consider isEnemy, ORKFramework.Consider isDead, ORKFramework.Consider inBattle) (at :0)
ORKFramework.UseRange.GetTargets (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Consider isEnemy, ORKFramework.Consider isDead, ORKFramework.Consider inBattle) (at :0)
ORKFramework.TargetUseRangeSettings.GetInRange (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.IVariableSource variableSource, ORKFramework.Consider isEnemy, ORKFramework.Consider isDead) (at :0)
ORKFramework.TargetSettings.GetInUseRange (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.IVariableSource variableSource) (at :0)
ORKFramework.TargetSettings.HasPossibleTargets (ORKFramework.Combatant user, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] available, ORKFramework.IVariableSource variableSource) (at :0)
ORKFramework.AbilityShortcut.HasPossibleTargets (ORKFramework.Combatant user, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] available) (at :0)
ORKFramework.UI.ShortcutLabel.get_Useable () (at :0)
ORKFramework.UI.ShortcutLabel.NewUIUpdateColor (UnityEngine.Color color) (at :0)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.GUIBoxComponent.UpdateColors () (at :0)
ORKFramework.CombatantHUDContent.CreateNewUI () (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIBox.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick () (at :0)
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at :0)
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at :0)

These error messages are caused by the Shortcut of the ability in the Shortcut HUD. If I remove this ability or set the Shortcut HUD to No Display, then there are no errors.

Note, however, that I'm able to work around this issue simply by unchecking "Ignore Size Cell". However, it then duplicates the mask for each cell of the the player character, which is something I don't want.

Is this a bug or simply something I don't understand?
  • It's a bug, will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh! Great! I hope it will be easy to fix!