edited May 2014 in ORK Support
I did a big part of my Character-Menus the day before, when starting the game today I got a problem:

I start the game - the Main Menu loads, but if I choose "New Game" the Menu just Closes and the game stays at the first scene (the one with the Main Menu), a _NewGameSceneChanger is created, scene and spawn ID are correct (I've tried other Scenes too, but problem remains)...it seems that the Start Event is never called...I copied the ORKProject to a backup folder of the project I created, but had to update a bit of resources I added in the meantime - but it works...what could have been broken, that no Start Event is called, as I mentioned, I copied the whole ORKProject, so the menus and also the events (I copied them too) are the same. Maybe I changed something accidently but the ORKProject Data shouldn't be the Problem - if I copy it, the scene switches and the Start Event is called.

Maybe someone knows what can be the problem...Thank you!
  • Uhm seems an error involving an option or wrong spelling. Did you check scene names and other names, carefully, even with capital letters and spaces? You could simply repeat tutorial for first steps, maybe changing the menu scene, making a new one, as it has only 3 objects... :)
  • No change...Created a new Scene and Main Menu, but after creating the scene changer no Start Event is called it seems to me.
  • If you've copied stuff over, I'd recommend checking if your event assets still have the script linking - chance is that they've lost their scripts and can't be loaded.

The next thing to check is your Start Event setting in Menus > Main Menu (if you're using this for your start event).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Seems like there's a good chance it's due to script linking...I'm relatively new to Unity so could you please tell me how/where to check the script linking is ok?
  • Select the event file in the Project view of Unity and check its inspector - if it's missing a script it's reported there. You'll need to select the ORKGameEvent script when you click on the script field.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It just displays the savetime and Version, so no report of a missing script there...I must have changed something different...I told copying the ORKProject file to an older backup folder worked - as I imported the new first scene I created (the one that comes after the Main Menu) it was broken again...strange that also using the Town Scene of the tutorial didn't work after the import (I changed Build Settings to the new first scene). Anyway - I'm going to start a new project and use an asset for backing up right, so I don't accidently mess the dependencies or something like that...is there a posiblity to get certain components out of my ORKProject file - if I start a new, I don't want to copy the whole thing and maybe mess up everything once more - so I could let's say just take out the status values and some of the menus I created, or is it better to do everything from scratch in my new project? Thank you very much for your help!
  • Also, check if your Game Starter uses the correct ORKProject file - if it's not using the one you're actually working on, it will never show your changes in the running game.