A new, public development report is available on Patreon!

Check it out for the latest news on ORK Framework, Makinom 2 and some new stuff I'm working on :)
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2019
    text codes in flying texts
    Target Changes in abilities

Nice. Will text codes in flying text include variables? It would simplify setting up some of the player feedback from abilities, where additional stuff happens in battle events and is not systemic. Example: Moving formula value to variable and displaying variable in flying text.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Not yet, but I can add that as well :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've spent a lot of money on this year's Black Friday and Cyber Week Sales on new assets, mainly art assets (models, props, effects, sounds and music). I'll use them to create some new ORK demo projects that'll look a bit nicer than the good old eggs, since they already have around 10 years of relentless testing on their back...
    Some kind of Realtime Action RPG demo & tutorial would be awesome :)
  • I was looking through the notes and thought I would share some feedback.

First thing that caught my attention is the combatant despawner. This is a major feature that I would be happy to see. I wrote my own version of this using the api. Having something built in will probably be a lot better than my solution. I am glad you can make it based off of distance. This will help a lot.

Second thing I mainly noticed is the speed improvements. This really helps a lot when you have a massive project with over 100 monsters, quests, and items. I have noticed after making a lot of information inside the database it slows down a little so this is welcomed.

Makinon 2 looks like it will be a huge upgrade. My main love for it is the new UI system. Honestly fully allowing the new UI a great step forward. I do have one question with this upgrade can we use sprites instead of textures for stuff in the orkframework editor. I think we talked about this a bit in another thread. Having hundreds of quests, inventory icons, character portaits is really messy right now. If I could use sprites I could make a sprite atlas which would clean up a lot of problems we have.

I do have some questions though. Xentethis asked above about some real time combat tutorials. I would second that. My project is pure real time battles and it is hard to make some things based of the current tutorials. And help section for more details in real time would be loved a lot for those making platform rpg like rune fencer. Not sure if you have time, but videos might help a lot too. The videos are not important though. I just think having more stuff for documentation for metroidvania style stuff or witcher 3 real time combat would be great and bring in a lot of people.

Last thing I do got to comment. Some stuff in the editor is bloated. Is there ways to disable some options in the editor. Example in the items, armor, weapons, we got options for notifications, console texts and so forth. Is there a way to take these options and turn them off so we don't see them. True you can minimize the sections, but when you are working on a huge project it begans to take up a lot of time for some options. Be nice to be able to turn off level settings in equipment, console text in several area, notifcation settings and the like.

Last thing is when should we expect the beta to come out so we can test it.
  • Thanks for your feedback :)

Regarding Makinom 2 - yes, sprites are supported. Since the new UI system will be very flexible and extensible, you can also switch it ouf for a custom UI system if you want (although that'll be a lot of work).

There'll definitely be a real time battle project, probably both a metroidvania and a 3D project. It'll be in the style of the Mission Grid Battles project, though, i.e. not extensible tutorials, but a Unity project for you to download and check out, alongside some information on how the things are set up/working.

Having the ORK editor a bit less bloated is on my to-do list, but this will be part of ORK 3. Probably a toggle somewhere to show advanced settings (e.g. in the search/toolbar above the settings).

Beta for ORK 2.28.0 is already available for Patreons with beta access - otherwise you'll have to wait for the official release :)
    As for Makinom 2, I don't have any timeframe yet, but things are going pretty smoothly and I'm nearly done with the new HUD system ... so, could be anything between 1-3 months :D
  • gamingislove said: Having the ORK editor a bit less bloated is on my to-do list, but this will be part of ORK 3. Probably a toggle somewhere to show advanced settings (e.g. in the search/toolbar above the settings).
    How about also an editor setting to have all foldouts closed by default? Often when I open my combatant it's quite laggy and I only need to have one foldout open anyways.
  • Will look into that as well :)