edited January 2020 in ORK Support
Is it possible for touch cameras to use camera borders so you don't see the end of a scene?

If not, what is the best way to stop them from going to a certain point in a scene or to do something like a camera border would do with a top down border camera

My indoor areas have a lot of black space that I would like to eliminate by using a camera border. (I use touch camera set to a certain angle with the click disabled in this case)
Post edited by PBoTG on
  • No, that's not possible.
    You'd have to use the Top Down Border camera controls for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is it possible to have the top down border camera at an angle? Right now when I use it it's pretty straight and I can't move it's XZ but can change the rotation of Y. Trying to get a nice 45 degree angle lol.

Or I guess if that's not possible either I should just modify the script myself?
  • Keeping height and distance at the same value should give you a nice 45 degree angle - both camera controls work similar in that regard :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok great. Will give it a try tonight! thanks GiL!
  • edited January 2020
    Oh oh wait one more question! How can I disable My touch camera for a certain scene and use the top down instead? because when I start the scene the touch camera loads anyway since that's the camera I set up for the game generally

I figured it out. set it to none. Is it possible to lock the height of the top down border camera? That way when I step on an object it doesn't go up with the character
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • You can limit the height via the Camera Border component by enabling Use Border Height on it. That'll make the border trigger's (collider's) upper bounds the maximum height.

Btw, you can prevent ORK from adding the camera control by adding a No Camera Control component to the camera in your scene. That way you can set up a different camera control (and e.g. register it to ORK via an Autostart event interaction that uses Add Control Component to add the component to ORK's control block list.