Hi,

I'm having trouble with Individual HUD blocking raycasts no matter what. I've disabled "Cursor Over" setting in the GUI Box settings. I don't have any Click Actions or Show Tooltip checkboxes on in the HUD settings. But when looking at the gameobject in the canvas, it always has "Block Raycasts" enabled.
  • I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm having the same issue. Clicking on UI buttons still highlights them no matter what settings I change, and there's no way to disable "blocks raycast" on the ork canvas groups which would solve that issue.

My menu breaks if the user selects buttons out of order, so it would be extremely helpful if this could be fixed.
  • @pesukarhu
    Sorry about getting back to this so late - the Block Raycasts option in the canvas group shouldn't really have any impact on regular (physics) raycasts or any of ORK's raycast functionality.
    Are you actually experiencing an issue where something can't be clicked or raycasted below a GUI box that hs Cursor Over disabled?

@braytendo
    Using the new UI, that's mainly up to your UI component's setup - e.g. if your button doesn't have a selected or highlighted color setup, it isn't highlighted on mouse over.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The issue is that the player is still able to select a button with the mouse and it becomes the focused button. In any menu this seems to happen regardless of my settings. It doesn't actually select the button, but it does change the focus, so if the player were then to press accept on their controller, the button that was clicked by the mouse would be selected.

I solved the issue this time by using image events instead of UI button prefabs so there's no buttons to be clicked on, but this still seems like a bit of a bug.
  • Well, yeah ... unless you're displaying a focus blocking dialogue/menu, clicking on another GUI box (used by dialogues/menus) will change focus to that.

HUDs can't be focused anyway, and the Cursor Over setting is just for handling if you can click/raycast things below them or not.
  • Hello,

I have exactly that problem "Are you actually experiencing an issue where something can't be clicked or raycasted below a GUI box that hs Cursor Over disabled?"

I wondered if you had any solution about that, for now I had to change the box and other things so it wouldn't overlap but it seems unnecessary wasted time. I wish I had a better solution in the future if I ever come across that problem again.

Thank you for any answer :)
  • @AnneLaure
    Are you using ORK 2 or ORK 3?
    Things are very different regarding UI and this thread dealt with ORK 2 :)
  • Well, as said above - if you disable Cursor Over in the UI box, it'll not block raycasts.
    Otherwise, please post a bit more details about the issue you're having and what your current setup is.
  • Hello! Hope you had nice holidays :)

So since i needed custom tooltips i had to make my own with unity, it works with raycasts to be able to show the tooltip. The ui box was over the elements showing the tooltip when cursor is over it, thus blocking the raycast and preventing the tooltip to show.
    I tried disable "cursor over" and it never worked until i just changed the box's size to prevent it to be over the elements and then the raycast was possible and the tooltip would appear.

So i was wondering if there was another way besides changing the size. You seem to say that the option cursor over is supposed to do that but it didn't work for me, is there some other thing i might have been doing wrong?
  • Since this involves custom tooltips, it's hard to say - the Cursor Over stuff is an in-ORK implementation, so this will not affect your custom one. I'd need to know more about how you implemented it. Have you tried ignoring layers the UI boxes are on in the raycast?