edited February 2020 in ORK Support
Hi,

I searched around the documentations and forums but to no avail.

My question: Is it possible to create abilities that are only available with certain combatants in a group? Take Chrono Trigger as an example, an AOE ability only shows when two specific combatants are in the battle group and takes both of their turns when used.

Video link at 4:30:

Thanks!
Post edited by Raiulyn on
  • There are no group abilities like in Chrono Trigger available, but it's something I'd like to add in the future :)

Having abilities only available if certain combatants are in the group is possible by using Use Requirements in the ability. Add a Combatant status requirement that checks for a defined combatant in the Battle combatant scope.
    You might be able to handle the rest of the mechanic in the battle event of the ability ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cheers.

I got up to needing to take off the time bar consumed for the 2nd combatant. I don't think there's a way in the battle event. The Change Time Bar node only gives me either user or user group, not a specific battle member.
  • You can use selected data for that.
    Use a Select Combatant node, enable Use All Combatants with Battle combatant scope and the user actor. Use a filter to check for the combatant you want to use (i.e. status requirement Combatant, but this time using Current scope).

Afterwards you can use the combatant you stored in selected data via the key you used in other nodes via the Selected Data object/actor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!