• There'll be another beta version coming soon(ish) - BETA 7 will add some new features and shiny new gizmo icons :)
    It'll most likely be the last beta version before official release.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom 2 BETA 7 is here!

This udpate adds new gizmo icons, a new backup system, support for multiple portraits in UI boxes and dialogues, a Loop node and more extensible features.

Please note: BETA 7 will break compatibility with previous beta versions (also to BETA 6), so it’ll be best if you start a new project.

Download it on the Makinom 2 BETA page.

This'll be the last beta version before official release, which means that work on ORK 3 will be starting soon :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Mannnn you are doing God's work, Gil. Super excited for everything. After my current project is finished, I can't wait to do a new project in Makinom 2. Especially cant wait to use the live debugging in action.
  • RC 1 is now available!
    The first release candidate fixes some issues and splits the ‘Animation + Audio’ nodes into separate groups.

Please note: RC 1 moves the Unity UI module DLLs into a separate folder structure, updating previous projects will most likely not do that (has no impact on functionality).

You can now download Makinom 2 demo projects (updated from the Makinom 1 demos/tutorials) in the showcase. The website will be upated in the coming weeks, moving the old Makinom 1 tutorials and how-tos into a sub-section and adding new ones for Makinom 2.
  • RC 1 shows missing scripts when I make any UI box a prefab.
    If I remove that missing script does that have any problem later on?
  • Yep, that's an issue I also noticed - after a couple of days investigating it, I learned that Unity has issues with compile orders of DLLs when they're inseparate folders.

I.e. the UI modules are going back into the Makinom 2 folders - you can do that by just moving the Makinom2.UnityUI.dll into Assets/Gaming Is Love/Makinom 2/DLL/ and Makinom2Editor.UnityUI.dll into Assets/Gaming Is Love/Makinom 2/DLL/Editor/.

I'll probably not do a RC 2 with that change, as the official release will happen soon anyway :)
  • Thank you for the solution.
    I just wonder why are you move them in separate folders? Does that increase the performance or something?
  • I did that to keep things organized.
    E.g. in the future when there'll be more UI modules (whenever UI elements are ready for in-game use) it'd be easier to remove a UI module (or not import it) if it's kept in it's own folder.
    Now you'd have to remove indivdiual DLL files from 2 separate folders to remove a UI module from the project.