I'm having trouble getting a console to work. I've got an event with a series of dialogues that all have 'output to console' enabled. I've selected the right console type (named 'conversation log') but it has default settings. Console settings have 'use console' and 'unity console output' checked and otherwise default settings (maximum lines is 50, I don't know if that's default or not). I have a HUD that toggles with a button press set up as a Console type HUD. It's set up for 'conversation log' console type only. When I press the button the console HUD appears correctly during the times when I have set up it's display conditions to allow for. The GUI box for that console type includes appropriate UI sprites with Text sub-components. However, when I run the event with the show dialogues in it the dialogues do not show up in the console OR in unity's console. I'm must have missed something but I'm not sure what. Any help or ideas?
  • Hm, definitely working here - which ORK version are you using and are you getting any errors in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using 2.27.1. I just updated to 2.28.1 and am still having the problem. I've got one warning in the unity console but no errors. The warning relates to an old custom input manager that is obsolete but I haven't completely rooted out yet. That was there before I had this problem. And to be clear, all of my other menus and stuff work just fine. I probably should figure out how to actually uninstall a plugin to get rid of the defunct input manager. Any chance its interfering with the console?
  • I don't think that could interfere with the console.

On ORK's side, this isn't really rocket science, so there's not much that could go wrong. I'd double check the settings, e.g. maybe you've got 2 console types of the same name and mixed them up or something like that ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2020
    Well I did a bunch of trouble shooting and figured out that the UI prefab I used wasn't working. I still have no idea why. All the other ones set up the same way work just fine so I don't know what's going on with that one. But the console is working now. It's still not outputting to the unity console though, which means that was an unrelated issue of some kind. I tried it with a different project and got it to work there as well, but again it worked but wouldn't output to the unity console.

By the way, is it possible, when outputting dialogue to the console, to have it automatically include the speakers name (assuming that use speaker is enabled for that dialogue node)?
    Post edited by Whatexists on
  • Not automatically - you'd have to add the name to the dialogue's text via text code to have it in the console.