edited June 2014 in ORK Support
Hi, I begin to use ork to create my game, but I have a problem in turn based battle, depending in the local that the turn based begins, I attack with my player, but because it begins in a high place, the player can't return to the position and it's not possible to continue with the gameplay. There's any workaround to prevent this?

I create a video to show that
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8vlljqeibpn38v/ork_battle_problem.mp4
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That looks like its because of the slope limit in your character controller. Basically that hill your character is trying to climb is too steep.

The slope limit is set set at 45 by default, try putting it higher to like 80 or so if you want to climb such steep hills.
  • Or it could be just the tree in the way. Try moving that tree from there if the slope limit doesn't work.
  • Enable the Secure Move option in your Change Position step (if you're using Move By Speed) - it'll automatically stop the movement and continue the event if the object can't reach the position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SteveS, I try to use the solution that you talked about, but I didn't find this 'slope limit'. This way I search for the 'Secure Move' option, and it worked for me.

Thanks SteveS and gamingislove
  • Well didn't do much ;P
    glad @gamingislove posted the Secure Move solution, after reading it's description it will be important for anyone in the future. Thanks Gil!

btw for future reference the slope limit is on the character controller. You can find a character controller on any character you make. They need the controller to move. It's on the character itself and is a unity physics component its not from ORK
  • I found the Slope Limit now, Thanks @SteveS
  • Enable the Secure Move option in your Change Position step (if you're using Move By Speed) - it'll automatically stop the movement and continue the event if the object can't reach the position
    I'm also getting this same issue. I can't seem to find this Secure Move Option. Is it in the framework? I've checked there and I haven't found it =/
  • nevermind I found it. Its in the events section in case others are looking for it =)