I'm using an active time battle that auto calls the battle menu. I have an ability that I want to have that should take up the entirety of the screen. In order to do this, I have to call
combatantComponent.combatant.Battle.EndBattleMenu(true);
but since auto call battle menu is on this doesn't do anything and the battle menu reappears. I'm trying to access the attribute on ActiveTimeBattle autocallBattleMenu, but I am unable to figure out how to et my script to know where ActiveTimeBattle is. If I getComponent that only gives me an enum as to what the battle type is. I feel like I am really close and could use some help getting the actual ActiveTimeBattle access.
  • I'm not really sure what you want to achieve - do you want to hide the battle menu during a certain ability?
    If that's the case, you can do that via the battle menu:
    combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.Box.Hidden = true;
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, yeah the issue was I also wanted Auto Call Menu on until I used that certain ability. But auto call battle menu was preventing me from hiding the menu I belive so what I had to do was turn that off with
    activeTimeBattle = ORK.BattleSystem.activeTime;
    and then
    activeTimeBattle.autoCallBattleMenu = false;
    then when I call
    combatantComponent.combatant.Battle.EndBattleMenu(true);
    I was successfully able to hide the battle menu
    and then when the ability ends I turn back on autoCallBattleMenu
  • Using an ability usually closes the battle menu - are you using the ability via the battle menu, control maps or custom code?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!