I am currently studying Ork scripting!

I want to know how to use the following methods of StatusValue.cs class.

GetPreviewMaxValue
GetPreviewMinValue
GetPreviewValue
GetPreviewValueMax
FinalPreviewValue

First of all, what is the preview value?
Is it the green text value which I've seen in demoScene so before it is displayed before it is applied to the real stat value?

If so, is there a way to implement the green text through scripting??

In other words, what I am trying to implement is the following menu screen.

https://imgur.com/88jeryh

I want to implement the above screenshot screen as a custom through scripting.

The what i want here is :

1. In the left screen, when i distribute stat points to stats (ATK, AGI..) and whenever i distribute points, i want to display the value to be changed as green text next to the stat value.

2. And, if I press the Accept button, the stat point is consumed and the changed value is applied
(greentext is disappeared).
Press the cancel button to redeem points.
(I keep thinking about it, but I can't think of a way to implement this functionality as a script...)

3. On the right screen, before completing the stat distribution, i want to display the positive value before it is applied as green text.

Is there a function I can refer to?

sorry for many questions
I need to know the preview value correctly, because I also have to implement equipment inventory(include stat change).

Thank you always!
  • Preview values are only available if the combatant currently has a preview available - e.g. when having an equipment or ability selected, it'll preview how it'll change the combatant when used.
    You can manage what and when a preview is used in the Status Preview Settings in Menus > Menu Settings.

If you want to implement a custom menu like that, I'd recommend checking out the StatusValueDistributionMenuPart class in ORK's source code, it pretty much does what you're asking for, showing the preview, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!