• edited September 2020
    2) WOOO! I'm very happy to say the event is now working as intended for the most part. I think the issue started with me deactivating my new game object causing enumeration to never start? Fixing that fixed my battle HUD issue. Then I hooked up the change position and search nodes with a short wait between joining the battle and changing position and it works except for it only works on the first combatant in the selection list.

I'm assuming that it is spawning whoever is first in the index of my group members? As selecting the first member works perfectly, but selecting a member later in the list will still cause the first group members prefab to spawn and no battle hud to appear. The hud flashes for a second with the correct combatant but then disappears so it seems like the right combatant is joining the battle? But then the first member in my group is somehow spawned at the new location no matter what, even if its not the one selected. Do you know if this is something with my change position settings? They are the exact same as the ones I posted above. The found object is just an empty object placed in the scene at the spot I want my swapped monsters to spawn at.

3)Now if I wanted to apply this event to my enemy combatant so if they have more than 1 monster they will send in another one randomly what tweaks would I have to make? I was thinking of putting in another Battle Event on death that has a Status Requirement of not being in my player group. That will then bring out the next enemy monster in the same fashion as this event. But was wondering how I would go about selecting this. Here's the current event that is working:

Overall super happy to make great progress on that thanks to your help, really appreciate it.

2.5)Great to hear, thank you much. I also saw your post about sub menus in the battle menu which has me very excited. When can this be expected?
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • 2) Well, my best guess would be that you maybe put more combatants than just the selected into the selected data list - without knowing the settings of your other (selected data) related nodes it's just a guessing game for me :)

3) Instead of the selection dialogue, use a Select Selected Data node, which allows you to randomly select something out of other selected data.

2.5) ORK 2.30.0 should be available within the next 2 weeks - most likely sometime next week.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2020
    2) Sorry I tried to provide what I thought was needed but here is more information on the nodes in this album: https://imgur.com/a/p7Vr7a0

Also now that event that I said was working up above is acting up on the battle HUD again. It will spawn the monster, and place it at the position, but then the HUD and Battle Menu disappears altogether. I have to imagine it is because of the Wait time between Joining the Battle and Changing Position is too short. As prolonging that seems to fix it. Guess I'll have to tweak it a bit to find the right amount of time to wait, as I have it set to 1 second right now and it looks rather odd popping in the middle of the arena, and then popping over to the defined change position.

Let me know if you'd need more information, I'll see if I can figure out the issue in the Selected Data. Thank you so much. I'll be so happy when I'm finally done with this mechanic, its been stressful.

3) Perfect, Thank you!! It looks like I'll have to resolve the above issue before implementing this though it would seem.

2.5) That's great to hear, once again thank you and nice work as always.

• 2) Looks generally correct, though I'd recommend to always use a selected key and not just a blank key :)

I guess it'd be easier to figure this out if you could send me a test Unity project, or at least the event to check.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 2) I'll send you a message with the event file first. Thank you
  • 2) Ooook, here's how to fix this :)
    - move the Cancel Battle End node to the end (battle outcome is determined when the player left the group, i.e. no player combatant left alive in battle)
    - in Battle System > Turn Based Battles, disable Death Immediately and End Immediately

When End Immediately is enabled, you can't cancel out of it.
    Death Immediately kinda disrupts the battle order, not causing any new turns due to the battle having ended (no player combatant left alive in battle), even when canceling it and adding a new combatant. Disabling this has the death actions be part of the regular battle action cycle, allowing a new turn to start after it ended (due to there being a player again).
  • edited September 2020
    2) You are really the best, no question. Sincerely thank you so much, that problem was plaguing me for a very long time now. Feels so great to have it functioning now. Really truly thank you, thank you.

3) Implementing this for the enemy combatants now and having a slight issue. I'm using a battle group for the enemies and it ends up spawning them all at once rather than 1 at a time for 1 on 1 and then swapping in one from the back of the group. Any way to fix it so it only will spawn 1 at a time?

Also when winning the battle by using this event it doesn't seem to collect any battle gains, even when having a Collect Battle Gains node before the victory event.

Here's the event just in case you need it:
  • edited September 2020
    3) Only the player group has a limit on battle group members, i.e. an enemy combatant group will have all of them in their battle group. You need to make them leave the battle group via the event system.

As for the battle gains - probably because the combatant is removed from battle due to removing from group instead of the natural way via death (which causes loot collection). So, for enemies, probably don't remove the combatant from the group, since they don't have a battle group limit anyway it's not needed.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited September 2020
    3) Alright so I made the necessary combatants leave the enemy group via a Leave Battle Group node at the Battle Start Event. This removes the combatants prefabs but it still seemingly keeps them on the field for targeting purposes as it doesn't default into targeting the one enemy combatant left in battle, as well as displays a text stating "combatant does nothing." This is also confirmed by switching to menu based target selection and it still allows me to select those removed combatants. Any reason why that would be?

On top of that when defeating the current "leader" enemy combatant it does swap in a monster from the group but doesn't spawn the Prefab for it at all, I only see it through the battle HUD. And then defeating that second monster doesn't bring up the third next monsters battle HUD at all. But winning the battle does collect all the battle gains so at the very least that part is fixed.

Here is two images with the events: https://imgur.com/a/wDEZSJX

The first is for removing an enemy combatant when it dies, and second is the battle start event that removes the enemies from the battle group with the settings for the node. Thanks a ton.
  • edited September 2020
    Hm, I'll look into it.
    I'm not 100% sure, but you might also have to remove them from the battle as well (Leave Battle node).

Also, you can make that easier using selected data, a Select Combatant node with this setup:
    - Use All Combatants enabled
    - Current combatant scope (since the battle start event's actor already has all enemy combatants included)
    - set up a status requirement filter for Group Leader, with Is Leader disabled

That'll store all enemy combatants that are not the group leader into selected data and you can use that to remove them from the battle group (and the battle) without checking for specific combatants :)

Edit: Yeah, just removing the combatant from the battle group doesn't remove it from battle - will change that in the next update, but for now you can just use a Leave Battle node.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited September 2020
    Thank you for that advice, that saves me a ton of time in the long run.

As for the Leave Battle node, I did attach it to the end of the event and it did remove the other combatants besides the Leader, but now the issue is that the event that checks for monsters in the back of the group to swap in seemingly doesn't work properly. It ends the battle now after the first monster is defeated. It's the same event that is in my previous post, the Select Combatant after the Death Animation. Here's the node settings:

Thanks again.
  • Do you have Remove From Group disabled in the Leave Battle node?
    Otherwise the combatant will be completely removed from it's group.
  • Yes Remove From Group is disabled on the Leave Battle node.
  • What's the setting for the Select Selected Data node?
    Also, maybe add a Debug node (or two) to see if the Selected Data Count checks out correct or not :)
  • edited October 2020
    Here's the settings for the Select Selected Data Node:

After messing around with it a bit more and using debug, this is the event I have now. It spawns the second enemy combatant at the battle spot but it is rotated incorrectly despite having the exact same position as the enemy battle spot. It then allows me to target and defeat that second enemy combatant but then it will end the battle rather than swapping in the next (third) monster. I've also had the case now where it because it is bringing in the next combatant Randomly through that node, it seemingly doesn't link up the right HUD. It spawns a different prefab than what shows on the battle HUD. Wondering why these may be.

Thanks very much, I have a feeling this is very close to being resolved. What a ride, crazy that the last mechanic I need is being so difficult haha.