• You can use a Look At Enemies node to make the combatants look at their targets/enemies, or use a different rotation node to rotate the combatant.

And don't forget to use the Cancel Battle End node at the end of the event, like with the other event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2020
    Alright so that does fix the rotation issue, thank you.

I moved that cancel battle node, but I still have the other issue occurring though. It will swap in the next enemy combatant randomly, but the battle hud doesn't match the enemy prefab that spawned. And also upon defeating the second monster the next one will not swap in on that second ones death with no other changes to that event.

Swapping it to "First" instead of random in the Select Selected Data node does display the right combatant on swapping in next and I'm fine with how that functions. All I need now is to get this event to play again on the second one's death but I can't quite figure out why it wouldn't be activating again.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • Is the event not used at all (e.g. check it via Debug node for output in the Unity console) or just not swapping in the next combatant?

If not at all, make sure the combatant is actually using that battle event as death animation, e.g. if you've set it up in the default battle animations (in the battle settings), check if the combatant overrides it in it's battle override settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2020
    Sorry I guess I phrased that wrong, the event is used yes as checked through Debug, but the event is just not swapping in the next combatant after the first time the event plays.

I only have the default death animation battle event, double checking my combatatant's I don't have any of them setup to override anything in the battle settings.
  • Hm, in the event, is it swapping out the combatant, or is the selected data count returning 0?
  • edited October 2020
    The Selected Data Count is returning greater than 0, so it follows the success chain rather than going to victory on Selected Data Count. However it just destroys the second members prefab and then doesn't spawn in the third enemy into the battle.

Again it works perfectly fine the first time it works, but when the second enemy combatant is defeated and it is time to bring in the third the event doesn't function. It will go down the victory path from the node like I said earlier but will all it seems to do is destroy the second enemies prefab and then end the battle in a victory.

Really at my wits end here fussing with this the last few weeks. Literally the last mechanic I need ugh what a mess. I sent you the event file in a message if that helps.
  • Hm ... could you send me a test project again (or just an update to the one you previously sent me)?
    Tested it in my own test project with the events you first sent me and worked fine.
  • Yes I can, will send a message with it contained, thank you.
  • edited October 2020
    So, checked the project and found the issue(s).

Use a Leave Active Group node with Delete enabled instead of Leave Battle Group for the enemy swap event to completely remove the combatant from the group instead of just leaving the battle group. That should fix all issues except for the HUD staying the same after the 2nd swap.

The HUD issue is somewhat of a design flaw in the battle start event that I'll fix in the next update (should be available within the next days). The event locks all combatants participating in battle from being removed from the combatant handler, otherwise fighting in a different scene wouldn't be possible. The combatant handler keeps track of all combatants, e.g. changes here also notify combatant HUDs, e.g. removing/adding a combatant - and since the combatants are now locked, removing them from battle in the start event will not remove them from the combatant handler, not reacting to their changes and thus not updating HUDs :)

Sounds complex, but is easily fixed by only locking the combatants during scene changes - as said, will come in the next update (soon).
    The rest should work fine by changing the node.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited October 2020
    Thank you very much, it is swapping as intended however now I have the issue where defeating the third (and final) enemy in the enemy group will end the battle but will not collect any battle gains now, should I be adding that as an event step in this event before the victory node? I just thought the Victory node alone was enough to trigger the victory event.

Edit: Adding a collect battle gains node before the victory event didn't work.

Thanks for the update as well, can't wait to get my hands on it. Once again really do appreciate your help with this one.
  • edited October 2020
    Hmm ... yeah ... I didn't think of that ...since the enemy is removed from battle, not dying, it's not collecting any loot/exp from it.

Use a Get Combatant Gains node before removing the combatant (e.g. at the start of the event) to collect the loot/exp from the combatant.

Edit: ORK 2.30.0 is now available, let me know if everything works now :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I have nothing but appreciation for you, seriously thank you. Everything is now working as intended and I did also try out the Change Battle Member first option now too and it's beautiful, flawless.

Thank you so much for your help.
  • edited October 2020
    Wanted to post about something that is going on with my shop now, in my info description I have it set with text codes to display the number of items in my inventory, and weapons equipped. The problem right now seems to be that when I go to buy items and select a weapon in the shop, it shows me as having a weapon in my inventory as well as equipped when that isn't the case upon inspecting my combatants as well as inventory.

These are the text codes used:

#currency.inventory0#
    #inventory
    #equipped

Any idea why that may be?
  • Hm, yeah, seems like a bug.
    Will be fixed in the next update (probably a small bugfix release next week).
  • That's great to hear thanks for being on top of it.

Just wanted to report some other things I noticed going on with my shop now that may be related to shop bugs? When I go to purchase an item and it brings me to the buy or sell question on my display that has the previous text codes for displaying items currently in my inventory and the equipped previews as 0. It seems like it doesn't keep track of the selection through the buy / sell question as it is accurate during the Quantity Selection, but like I said moving onto the the buy / sell question seemingly clears it out.

I just don't want the player to be confused during the purchase when they look to the side and see "Oh I have 0 of these in my inventory I thought I just had 12" or some issues that may come up like that.

Thanks for the help.