• edited November 2020
    Both of those settings are currently disabled, but toggling Death Immediately seemed to fix it.

Thank you!!

I wanted to ask you another question also.

Is it possible to in the battle menu have an option to call a menu? I have an overview menu screen for my monsters with some more detailed information for the player to check but was curious if I could call this menu from the current battle menu by accessing the menu options rather than an Input Key or something. Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • Hm, still shouldn't happen with them turned off - I guess you're using turn based battles in Classic mode?
    I'll investigate :)

No, it's not possible to have a battle menu call a regular menu screen.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2020
    Correct Turn Based in Classic Mode. I appreciate it, something else strange that I just had happen too is with the Death Immediately toggled, if the current enemy faints from Poison and the next enemy gets swapped in, it will not attack the first turn it is on the field for whatever reason. This only happens when poison is the cause of death. Also with Death immediately toggled it throws off my event that allows switching in the next combatant.

I'm also implementing Skill Scrolls that allow you to one time use of skills not normally learned, as well as status orbs to apply status conditions to enemies. The problem I am running into with this is that using the item uses up my turn, but then the enemy doesn't proceed to attack. I have a healing item that works as intended allowing the enemy to attack after using it and it has the exact same setup item wise and event wise. Do you know why this may be?

edit: Fixed it... Didn't realize that the remove turn was based on who the target was. Disabling Remove Turn fixed the issue.

• The initial poison issue will be resolved in the next update. The swapping in might be a timing thing - when the combatant is swapped in, it'll not have a turn in the currently running turn, only when the next turn starts.
    I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds great,

Thank you very much for the prompt help and updates.
  • edited November 2020
    Something else I had just thought of but forgot to post earlier was is there any possibility of you being able to add in chance for singular battle events? I have a solo battle event that will load a group of enemies from a pool of different groups but unlike the Random Battle Area object I didn't see anywhere to influence the chance of getting a certain encounter. I do see the chance option for the battle event overall but that seems to be influencing whether or not any battle will take place rather than determining the group.

Is this something possible?

Thank you very much.
  • I'll look into it.

For now you can set up multiple battles, disable them and use the event system to select one and enable it (e.g. using an Autostart event interaction). Should be a simple setup with a Chance Fork and Activate Object nodes, using Object type actors to be able to select them in the event interaction component.
  • Thank you!

Sounds great that shouldn't be too difficult to implement, appreciate the help!
  • edited November 2020
    Hello I have another problem I ran into.

So I have a scene that is somewhat modular, allowing me to duplicate the scene and then slot in the next event components within the scene. The problem I am running into is that the scene event doesn't function the same between the two scenes.

To explain further, when loading this scene it has an event that is set to auto start. It auto starts after the first battle and when loading the scene. However, upon duplicating it and trying to load that scene with no changes done to it, it doesn't work. The only way it will then work is to change the autostart delay on the event but this causes it to look strange because it takes a second for the event to actually start playing and then doesn't ever do the change camera position node in the duplicated scene. It doesn't require me to have a time set for the autostart delay on the previous scene though. Again the event does work in the duplicated scene but it doesn't do the change camera position without a bigger auto start delay. So my question is why would this duplicated scene need an auto start delay but the previous scene that is identical would not? These two scenes are exactly identical right down to the load scene settings. Any help would be appreciated.

• Good news, chance based combatant/group selection in Battle components will be as an option in the next update :)

Try enabling In Blocked Control in the Event Interaction - you're most likely coming from an event or something else that blocks control, so the Autostart event in the new scene can't start due to that.

Also, something else to look out for is the Blocking Event option in the Event Settings node. You can't execute 2 blocking events at the same time, so if you e.g. load into the scene from a blocking event and the new scene's event is also a blocking event it'll most likely be blocked.

As you noticed, using a delay for the autostart event usually solves these issues - even if the old scene's event ends after the Load Scene node, it'll still be active for at least a frame in the new scene. A short delay of 0.1 seconds should usually be enough.
  • edited November 2020
    That's great to hear! I really appreciate you adding that in. Will the poison fix be apart of that update too?

As far as the blocked controls go I did try doing the In Blocked Control enabled and disabled earlier with the same results. I also made sure before to have these events not be Blocking Events, so that isn't the issue either. The delay for autostart does work, I can make it work in my game by changing stuff around without a changing camera position however the reason why the delay wasn't working for me personally was because I needed to deactivate some objects in the scene immediately and with a start after of even .1 they appear in the scene for a moment before deactivating so that is the main issue with it.

Another thing I noticed too that with the loading scene camera fades, even with the wait until fade is completed disabled it still seems to be waiting for the fade to finish before activating this new event... very odd.

Edit: I keep messing around with that camera change event I mentioned earlier. It is very weird because saving the game in this scene will allow the camera change position to function when loading this scene, but coming from a separate scene this event will not load properly even though as I mentioned earlier it is not coming from a blocking event or anything.
  • Yes, poison fix is also in it :)

Hm, is your event actually blocking camera control? If the camera control is active and you use a camera position, it'll usually be overruled by the camera control, since both try to change the same camera.

Also, regarding disabling game objects - you might want to change the setup depending on your needs, e.g. having the game objects disabled in the scene setup. Enabling them can be handled by events (via Object type actor to select their game objects in the event interaction) or the Game Object Manager component via variable/quest conditions.
  • edited December 2020
    That's great, thank you again!

Yes it is, and it still isn't moving the camera properly. I did try doing it as you mentioned as well disabling the objects in the actual scene and try to activate them via event as having them as Object type actors but they do not activate at all because I thought you had said before they weren't able to find the objects if they were deactivated in the scene? I'd love to be wrong about that though, it would allow me to just use the autostart delay.

Edit: Just tried it in another new scene and I get the same thing. When playing the event just from the game starter in that scene it works perfectly but when loading from that other event the camera position move doesn't work at all. I have all the settings setup as you mentioned with the blocking camera control and such too. The only weird thing is when loading from the event rather than just starting in the scene is it gives me a ton (20) of repeating console errors of having two audio listeners when I clearly only have one in the scene. I even tried disabling the audio listener in the scene that I was loading to, but then it gave me the error of not having any audio listener at all. So I'm kind of at a loss right now.

It's gotta be something to do with that error I imagine. Loading from a battle victory into the scene allows it to play properly and doesn't give the audio listener error. But loading from that other event to the main scene with the camera change doesn't allow it to work I assume because of the audio listener error it gives. Here's the settings for the custom event I have setup (the one that isn't working) that is loading into the main camera change event.

• edited December 2020
    Unity can't find disabled game objects (i.e. via the Find Objects settings), that's why you use them as object actors, where the event (interaction) has a direct reference to them. That way you can use disabled game objects :)

Also, I think I know what the issue is, or at least one.
    You have your events set up on the camera, right? Don't do that :)
    If the event is on the camera, the camera from the old scene will get carried over to the next scene due to the scene load keeping the event object alive (even when destroying it in the next scene). I.e. you'll have 2 cameras at the start of the new scene (probably both main cameras) - that's where the 2 audio listeners come from, and it also confuses the camera changes, since there are now 2 cameras, probably using the old one which is destroyed soon after.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Interesting I will see if I can manage to make that work but I may not have to because what you just told me was definitely the case. I had been putting my events onto my cameras so from now on I will just put them on empties in the scene, that will work right? Placing the event in that scene we were discussing on an empty instead of the camera indeed caused the event to work successfully.

Really appreciate your help sorting out this headache.