• Yeah, that'll work - but if you set up an event object actor and used in in the event, you'll have adjust that, as that'd no longer be the previous one (the camera). There's e.g. a Camera actor available.
    However, if you where using regular camera nodes (e.g. Change Camera Position) instead of moving an actor, that'll still work the same.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2020
    Sounds good it seems to be working smoothly now.

I'm getting really close to finishing the game, I'm placing my final scene layout now but ran into an issue with my evolution event...

So in the event it has a trigger to activate the actual evolution event. Within this event I have it set to remove the first evolution form, and then add the next form as a combatant joined to the player level so it matches up overall.

This event works mostly, but the issue I ran into is getting it to grab the player level and function properly if it is the only monster in my current group. I tried joining the evolution to my group first so it would take the level of the pre-evolution member before removing that member from the group and that did seem to work but it seems like it doesn't add it to the right battle group because when I start a battle with that evolution it never spawns it into the battle so it would seem like it doesn't add it to my group of combatants?

The strange thing about this is that if I reverse the event nodes and join the evolution instead after I remove the current one it will add it to the correct combatant and start the battle as normal but the issue there is that it never takes the overall player level so it joins the team at level 1. Do you have any idea why this would be not starting the next battle? Keep in mind this issue only seems to happen when this is the only combatant in my party but I have to fix it because players will be able to evolve with only 1 member. Should I be joining the evolution to something other than Active Player Group? Active Player Group was the group I had in the second event. Thank you tons.

Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • edited December 2020
    If the battle group is full at the time the new combatant joins the group, it'll not be added to the battle group. So, after removing the old combatant from the group, use a Join Battle Group node to have the new one join the battle group (if there's now a free slot, if not, the combatant will not join the battle group).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Beautiful, thank you as always.
  • Would windowed mode be an issue for the scroll bar using the scroll wheel? In my build when it is ran in fullscreen mode the scroll bar in menus works with the scroll wheel but in windowed mode it won't work unless I manually click and drag it.
  • From ORK's point of view that's on Unity's UI system (legacy or new UI), as ORK is just using their built-in scroll bar functionality.
  • Sounds good thanks, one other question I have is for the Input Field nodes, is there any way to limit the amount of characters a person is able to input into those?
  • Not in the current release versions, but it's coming in ORK 2.31.0 and was already part of the last beta versions on patreon :)
  • Excellent to hear! You're seriously on top of it!

Is there any ETA on when that will be apart of everyday paying users?
  • Soon :)