edited July 2020 in ORK Support
I feel super-dumb, but I can't get even a basic Hunt Move AI working for an always-on realtime battle (entire scene) setup. I use combatant spawners to spawn an Ally Faction combatant, and an enemy Faction combatant (I also add a player to the scene, just in case). There are no battle AI's or anything else really, just navmesh agents with a single move AI set to "Hunt." The spawned characters just stand still and do nothing. I've tried every toggle and option I can think of, but the AIs are not selecting or targeting their enemies. The random wander patrol AI option works, so they are at least set up well enough for that, but nothing else. I'll try to link to screenshots of my setup below (hopefully this link works), so that some kind soul might tell me where I went wrong)...

imageOrk Framework Move AI Hunt" />
Post edited by type4101 on
  • edited July 2020
    looks like its not detecting the player, is this guy set to an enemy faction?

If they arent an enemy what you want is for them to be in the players party and set to follow the leader
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • What I'm looking to do is a kind of sim project, where all the characters are AI controlled, and the player is really stationary buildings. So I spawn a basic unity cube as the player to represent a home-base, and I have two combatant spawners that spawn a combatant set to allies faction, and enemy faction, both with the basic hunt move AI whose screenshots I posted in the original link. I expect the enemy to hunt the ally or player cube (whichever is closest) and the ally to hunt the enemy. But they don't move. Here is a runtime screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/6kYwqh7

I'm not sure what additional stuff is required to make the characters react to each-other.
  • If there's no actual player spawned (i.e. the leader of the player group), they'll probably fail at the Move AI Range check.

There are several range settings in Battle System > Battle Settings that define ranges for using AI, move AI or being part of a battle - they all depend on range to the player, so if there's no player, they'll be out of range. You can disable using these ranges completely, so the system can also work without a spawned player.
    Each battle system has its own move AI range as well, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2020
    I think I spawned the player correctly. I use the simple player spawn event from the basic tutorial...I add a combatant to the active player group, then use spawn Player node at a spawn point. And I believe I deselected every "use range" option for every type of AI I could find. Could it be the way I'm spawning the ally and enemy group members? I'm not using events, just a combatant spawner that adds them to allies/enemies faction. Is that not correct? Their random waypoint wandering AI works.

If you get a chance, might you glance through the screenshots linked in the original post, to see if you notice anything wrong in the AI setup? I took a shot of everything I could think of that might help identify where I went wrong.
    Post edited by type4101 on
  • Ah, yeah ... you didn't add any detection to the Enemy Detection settings.
    Without that, they'll not be able to detect anything :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Jeez...I am dumb sometimes. I get lost in the many ORK tabs. Thanks for clearing that up! That's why you're my hero. :)