edited June 2014 in ORK Support
Hello! :)
I'm trying to go on with my project using almost only ORK and some custom basic scripts.. But i found very usefull in my prior experience both 2dTK and Particle Playground.. Do you think can they be used even if they add custom prefabs in scene? Im just using 2dTK for tilemaps and basic animation: is it possible to use animations made with the asset in ORK battles? About P Playground, using custom effects with a particle generator could mess up things?
Thanks! :)
  • Since ORK's animation settings also allow adding custom animations it's not a problem at all - but it depends on how the animations can be called/played in the custom scripts. Custom animations can be called in ORK by using a component and calling methods in there (with some basic parameters), so maybe you'd need to do a little wrapper script that can be called from ORK and plays your animations.

I don't see a problem with the rest - ORK doesn't really care where stuff comes from :)
    If it needs some ORK functionality on it, you'll just need to add the components you need to your prefabs, and the event system can find pretty much every object in a scene ;)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GiL!
    About animations in my case is quite simple, clip are called just declaring the custom animator at start of the script and then deckaring animator.play.. Any advice about linking the animator in custom settings of ORK?
  • AFAIK 2D toolkit has a function that also takes the name of an animation - so if you add the custom animations, use that function (most likely Play) and add a string parameter with the name of the animation that you want to play ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!