My inventory screen is a combination of an equipment screen, showing only the part boxes, and an inventory box, both with drag/drop enabled. However, only one of these parts is focused at any given time. This had caused an occasional glitch in the past while attempting to move equipment between the two separate menu parts, but as of 2020 I can't get it to work at all. Clicking on a part or dragging it from the inventory will equip it, but I can't unequip it by dragging or clicking, and I have to actually click on the equipment box surrounding my part boxes in my equipment section to be able to interact with those boxes. Both menu parts are on the same layer, using different GUI boxes, obviously. I suspect the fact that my mouse click is set to 'End' under game controls might also be causing complications for the drag and drop feature.
  • Are your GUI boxes set to have support unfocused choice selection? It's in the Choice Settings > Choice Selection settings of the GUI box. Enabling Select Unfocused allows selecting choices in unfocused GUI boxes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, that's not the issue. Both GUI boxes have that option enabled for choices. I'm also not seeing my drags anymore, which is a new issue since 2020.1. It's also hard to test anything in a running game when memory and disk usage spike up to 100% and it stalls for 10-20 seconds every time I swap a screen or click the mouse button.
  • Hm, that's strange - I'm not having any of these issues with 2020.1 ... I'm sure that's not the case, but check if you might accidentally installed a beta version instead of the official release.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's Unity 2020.1.0f1. I literally can't do anything now without a box popping up that says, "Hold On," and giving some nebulous reason. When I hit, 'Play', to test, it spikes my disk, CPU and memory usage way above what it was previously. I'm assuming it's an optimization discrepancy between new and old, but I just remember opening my project for the first time after the update, seeing an error log of all the things that were automatically deleted for some reason or another and thinking, "Gee, I wonder if this is going to cause any problems."
  • It's always best to make a backup of your Unity project before upgrading to a new version - often there's no going back otherwise ...
  • I have a backup, but I'd rather try and reconfigure and move forward with newer Unity versions. Anyway, about the twin menus, I'd really like to get them working again. How do I get them both to stay focused so that I can drag between them?
  • I'd need to know more about your setup or maybe a small Unity test project to check out. Also, which GUI system are you using?

A setup like that is definitely working on my end.
  • I'm using the New GUI. I can drag from my Inventory to my equipment part boxes, but I can't drag back into my inventory from there. My default mouse selection is also 'Click End' which may be causing a bit of trouble via the 'Use' option when I release over a box.
  • Did you enable Enable Dragging in the Part Box Settings of your equipment menu part?
  • Yes, it's been enabled from the beginning
  • Well, as said - I guess I'll need a small Unity test project.