Just noticed that starting a new game wipes all of the Event Interaction scripts attached to my character = 'Event File Not Found.' I can re-enable them, and the link to the event is saved, but I need to figure out how to prevent them breaking. Also, a couple events are set to run on a button press, but using a HUD with a control element button attached doesn't trigger it? Do I have to set those up as global events and set them to a control map to get them to work, or is there a simpler way?
  • Attached to your character - does that mean to your player (combatant) prefab or something placed in the scene?

Did a quick test with a Control HUD and a event interaction using Button Press and seems to work fine here. Can you give me more details on your setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's attached to the player's prefab. For my button test, I created a key and used a control HUD element to press the key. On my player combatant's game object, I set an event interaction to run whenever the key is pressed, with no variable or state requirements to prevent it. The event is connected directly to a debug log and console notification, neither of which appear.
  • This is an issue I have with player/party combatants too! They'll be on the prefab, but if they are part of the player group, it says event file not found.
  • edited August 2020
    Hm, I'll do some tests.

Edit: Did some tests, working fine here - event interactions (both with key press and interact) on player and group members worked fine. Also worked when starting from main menu or directly in the scene (via quick game testing).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So, there must be more to the setup than simply creating a button, adding an event interaction to a prefab set to run on button press and pressing the button. Is it a control element issue? What all did you do to have you character('s) register the button press and run their attached event?
  • Nothing special - just make sure that the event can start at that time, e.g. if it's during blocked player controls, enable In Blocked Controls in the event interaction.