edited October 2014 in ORK Support
I have been tearing my hair out wondering why camera positions keep "breaking". Every time I move on and think I've finally got them right, it breaks for no apparent reason. I put an avatar with an event interaction into the scene, position it how I want it, hit play, and boom - we're looking at the avatar's feet or off into space instead of the perfectly framed shots I had been testing.

It finally hit me today - the camera position is relative to the target's position, but the rotation is not relative to the target's rotation. Because I'm doing cinematic shots - over-the-shoulder, closeups, two-shots - the look at option does me no good. I do not want the target at the middle of the screen.

I think it will be confusing to explain any further without pictures, so here's the issue:

What I want, independent of the target's rotation
right.PNG

What I get when I rotate the target in between plays
wrong.PNG

Possible Reason
reason.PNG

Is there another way to do what I want? If not, could we please have rotation relative to the target?

Thanks,
David

EDIT: Looks like I don't know how to add images. Links instead!

EDIT2: Wow. If you get a permissions error, just hit enter in the address. It has trouble coming from this site I guess.
Post edited by drod7425 on
  • You're right, the rotation is currently absolute - I'll add an option for relative rotation :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the quick reply. I think the combination of that and doing a local space positioning will provide the desired effect. Really appreciate your work on this! :)

Do you have a timetable for when this might be included in an update? Need to know if we need to hack something together in the meantime.

Thanks again!
    David

• I'll try to get it into the next update (release probably by the end of next week).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!