edited June 2014 in ORK Support
I was using the 'Brown Pants' example character to create my game, but I want to change it and purchase some assets. I create a new Combatant using my new assets and use the Join Group event to include it in the first scene of the game.

But I have a problem with that, the character not move when I change the assets, what I can do to correct that?
  • If its not moving at all you can try to swap the brown pants prefab with your new character in the combatants section. If you new character is moving but not being animated it could be due to it being set to play mechanim and not legacy.
  • well there can be many factors. You'll need to be more specific or show screenshots or a video

Do you have animations for you character?
    Have you set them up on the Character as well as in ORK?

Btw if you were trying to just swap character, it's not as simple as just changing the model. You won't be able to use Brown Pants animations on another character than @gamingislove 's provided tutorial eggmen characters. Those animations are legacy and only for those eggmen
  • ORK's built-in controls use a Character Controller component to move the player object - if your new one doesn't have one on him, it wont move :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove, how I can add the 'Character Controller' to my fbx imported file?

@SteveS, my problem is because I don't know how to create a prefab like the 'Brown Pants' prefab, how I could create a prefab like the 'BrownPants' prefab?
  • edited June 2014
    To add a Character Controller to your fbx, click on your fbx in the scene/hierarchy, and go into Component--> physics --> Character Controller. Adjust the Character Controller as needed.
    To create a prefab like BrownPants, just drag the fbx back into the project panel. And if you are using legacy, be sure to match the name of your animations within ORK's animations too, as SteveS said, those animations name are only for BrownPants.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited June 2014
    ^ What Shadow_Fire said ;)

It's also good to learn from the premade demo prefabs themselves.

Don't be afraid to break the demo project, you can always re-download it. Trial and Error are the best teachers.

Post edited by SteveS on
  • Also, going through the basic Unity tutorials is always a good idea if you're new to it :)
    ORK Framework requires you to already know your way around Unity.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I create a prefab and add a character controller to it and add the animations too.

The character appears to move, when I click in the mouse button, the character change the position. But I still have a problem, when the game begins the character fall through the scenario, why this is happening?

But if I choose the 'Brown Pants', the Brown Pants don't 'fall' through the scenario.
  • This problem can either come from the character controller being placed wrong and thus spawns in the middle of the ground, or the root position of your model (i.e. local position X=0, Y=0, Z=0) not being at its feet.

If its the character controller, just move it upwards - if its the root position, add a spawn offset in the combatant's settings.
  • I try to change the Y offset of my character, I change the Y offset from 0 to 1, but the character don't adhere to the ground, the character floats in the scenario.

I try with many differents different characters that I purchase(from different creators) and all of them floats at same level.

I begin to use the character controller to see if I could resolve the issue. After many try and error tests, I set the Character Controller Center Y to 1 and the Radius to 0, my character finally appear on the ground now.

Thanks @gamingislove for the support. Thanks too for @SteveS and @Shadow_Fire for the tips
  • Seems like your problem was the character controller being wrongly placed at the character - but I don't recommend having it's radius at 0, you should increase it so that it surrounds your character.
  • @gamingislove Why you don't recommend having it's radius at 0, what could happen?
  • Can cause weird collision behaviour :)