Hi, is there a way to assign a game event on loading a game or when the player spawns after load? I’m trying to stop my player from moving as the scene is loading due to procedural generation of terrain.
  • edited August 2020
    You can have an autostart event that starts after scene load or after a predetermined time when loading the scene.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • edited August 2020
    Hey thanks, is that something I would need to script via ‘on awake’ or could this be done through ork events system?

Thanks
    Post edited by cookereptiles on
  • You can use event system for that. Autostart is in Ork event component you add to objects in Unity.
  • You can use global events for this (World > Global Events). Use the Scene event type and the Load Game scene change type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • A follow up on your answer gamingislove (this is actually something that lead me to have issues with the tutorials as well) but when I go to World -> Global Events to setup a battle in the new scene, I cannot select nor drag my Battle Event that I made into the Event Asset selection.

Basically I'm just trying to click "new game" and it loads a new scene with an autostart Battle occurs. Since I couldn't seem to get a battle started w/ autostart, I resorted to using a Battle Event to spawn combatants (which you answered in another forum post). To which I found this post to load events on scene load and it doesn't let me load it on scene load. I'm unsure as to how to proceed or even if this is the best means of doing this or (more likely) the only means I've found a potential path to completion.
  • edited April 2021
    Battle Events are used to animate battle actions, like using abilities/items or the defend command, a combatant's death, etc.

Global events use Game Events.

The autostart not working is most likely due to an issue where using In Blocked Control still doesn't start, will be fixed in the next update. For now you'd have to make sure the scene change doesn't block player controls.
    Or use teleport battles.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!