edited October 2020 in ORK Support
1) I added a HandleDeath Battle Event to the Battle settings. This event isn't getting called when a character dies. I have a debug step that doesn't get triggered.

Turn Based combat with every "perform in" checked.

Am I missing something here?

2) How would I go about calling an ability on a second target? I understand there's a Use Ability Calculation Step but I don't want to "hardcode" the ability. I want the same ability to be used on nearby teammates but in a turn based battle (non grid).

3) At the moment I have a list keeping track of positions of teammates (in a row) similar to Darkest Dungeon. My first thought is to create a custom node that somehow passes the ability and target combatant and then hits targets based on their index in my custom list. Is there an easier way to do this?
Post edited by foxx on
  • 1) Each combatant can override the default battle animations you define in the battle settings.
    Check the combatant's Battle Settings > Override Settings > Battle Animations if it overrides the death events.

2) There's the Affect Range setting available for that in the ability (and item) Target Settings.
    This'll use the same calculation on those targets as on the original target, though - so if you want to do something different on them, you'll need to do that via battle events.

3) Depends on what the goal is (and how the positions are determined).
    E.g. if the positions are just the order they have in the battle group (1st being on 1st position), you can just determine their positions via their battle member index. The next update will add a status requirement for that, e.g. if you want to have an ability only target certain members based on the index.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey so my initial thought was to use the index of battle group. However, due to me swapping people around constantly (example: pushback 1st party member in line which triggers a swap of position between 1st and 2nd part member) I decided it would be better for me to make my own separate list for each battle group. This was based on the my understanding that position 0 is always the group leader and that if I started swapping stuff around it might mess up things In ORK? Is that a fair assumption?
  • Potentially, yes.
    You could use object variables on the combatants to mark them for a certain position and base other stuff on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!