I have had this reported a few times now. One of my statuses (normal setting, does not adjust at level up) is dropping to it's minimum value on a level up. This is not happening consistently and I have not seen it happen in all of my testing.
I have yet been able to reproduce the issue - it's starting to drive me a little insane :)

I only have 1 item in game that adjusts this value while wearing it. I've had it reported happening with and without it being equipped.

I don't have any status effects that adjusts this status value.
Anyone else experience this?

@GIL
The save game files that have been sent don't show anything out of the ordinary. I have the file with the status drop right after leveling to 10 and the original starting save game file. I don't see a way to attach to this post. @GIL - if you'd like to review them, let me know how to send them to you. I'm on ORK 2.17 with Unity 2017. The last time I tried to upgrade ORK, it broke so much I decided to version freeze 2.17 at the time.
  • edited October 2020
    Hm, strange ... the status development for that status value has the None development type selected?

Are you using a level up event or class status development?

I don't really see how this could happen, unless it's actively changed, e.g. via an event (Change Status Value node), an ability, item, effects, etc.

What value ranges are you using, and what's the usual value this status value would have (since it's not using any development)?
    The only way I could see this happen is the value increasing beyond the maximum value an integer can have (which is quite high), going into negative range, which would set it to the minimum value of the status value (being below it).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just had another one come in- same status value(Strength) same character slot right when they hit level 10. This time it dropped to 10 instead of 1.
    It has the NONE development selected.
    The status itself has a valid range of 1 - 125 and is of the NORMAL type.

The only level up event I have is to show a dialog of "Level Up". It does nothing else.
    They do have an item equipped which adds 10 to that status value. I went back through the item's settings - nothing I see that would cause the issue. After the level-up, the 10 is added to the reduced status. So, if the status dropped to 1, it would show as 11.

And, I agree - I don't see how this is happening. I even dug through the source for the level up code to see if anything jumped out - nada.

Player sent me his saved game files. Going to try and reproduce from those. If you can think of anything else to look at - I would appreciate it.

As always,
    Thanks for your help!
  • I can't really think of anything else ... you could use a custom access handler to monitor all status value changes via debug output. You'd have to be able to recreate the issue first, though :)

If you can recreate it, you could also send me a small Unity test project where this happens and I can check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!