edited November 2020 in ORK Support
Hello,

After several days, I'm not able to get throught the following two issues...:

Issue #1:
In the grid based battle - my NPC combatant is attacking the enemy automatically using basic attack, when it comes to the attack range. Is it possible to disable this behaviour?
I would like to controll all the atack (and NPC behavoiur) through my battle AI scripts.

Issue #2:
In the grid based battle - I'm using formulas to callculate the hit chance, critical chance and damage, using it in the ability setup.
But seems that the formulas are being called several times, messing up the results.
I even used empty formulas (with just debug output) and double checked abilities setup, combatant setup, battle setup ... but I still do not see the cause...

Thank you!

Best regards,
Riffage
Post edited by Riffage on
  • 1) The AI controlled combatants (e.g. enemies) determine their actions based on their battle AI - and if no battle AI is set up (or no useable action is found in them), they'll fall back to their base attack.
    If you don't want the battle AI to use actions, set up a battle AI that only uses the None action and use it in your combatants AI setup.

2) Yes, the formulas can be used multiple times, and not only when using an action, but also before that (e.g. during action or target selection). This is mainly due to being able to preview status changes, displaying hit chances in HUDs, etc.
    I'd recommend not having any actual battle logic or variable changes in them and would rather put stuff like that in events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello gamingislove ... Thank you for the reply!

All clear!