edited December 2020 in ORK Support
How do i detect the direction in the 2d xy side-scrolling plane? Whether it's behind or in front of the character...

1. What is this feature of startSettings> Orientation(player) of combatant spawner? (front back..I check each one, but there is no difference)

2. My game is a side scrolling 2d game. What is the criterion for determining the orientation in this case (xy plane)? (Front and back both sides)

3.another question,
Can the storage inventory function be implemented?
This is a way to use items from other inventory without taking up the player leader's inventory space.

like Diablo 2,
Is there a way to store/use items in the storageBox?

4.Index management..
My game's monsters and items have more than 100 indexes.
If I delete an index during editing or change the index through the move up button, will the links set in the scene or editor change?
After the game is released, it can be a huge problem if links are twisted by a single index change.
Recently, after changing the location of one monster index, I experienced that all the summoned monsters of combatant spawners changed.
Should I be careful with the index?

5. There are items that I don't want them to take up space in my inventory. (Like jewelry.)
Can I set the inventory space of the item to 0?
If I set it this way, can I use that item?

5-1 Is it a good way to implement the storage inventory implementation mentioned above by changing the inventory space of the corresponding equipshortcut to 0 at runtime as in this case?

5-2 Can I equip and release equipment items with 0 inventory space?
So, is it possible to add an infinite number of items regardless of the inventory limit?

thanks!!
Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • 1) The orientation check allows you to limit from which side you can interact with something, e.g. only allowing to access a chest from the front. If all are checked, you can interact from all sides.

2) Hm, I'm not 100% sure, so it'd probably be best to check it yourself which one works for you. Might be that front in your case is above (Y-axis) the game object.

3) You can set up either Group or Individual inventories (Inventory > Inventory Settings). The Inventory Exchange menu screen part allows moving items between inventorys - this can also be used with item boxes.

4) Upon index changes (moving/deleting) you'll have options available when saving the changes (the confirmation dialogue that shows the changes), which will update settings in events, prefabs and scenes. The settings should be enabled by default.
    If you forget to do it, you can roll back to a previous backup before the changes in Editor > Backups.

5) Yes, inventory space doesn't affect usability and 0 space is also possible.

5-1) Equipped weapons or armor doesn't count to the inventory limit, since they're not in the inventory at that point.

5-2) Yes, also equipment with 0 inventory space can be used/equipped.
    The inventory space system is also completely optional, so you don't have to actually use it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2020
    Thank you for answer!

3. If so, do I need to create a dummy combatant to use the extra inventory? (for storage)

3-1. When equipping a moved item to the dummy combat inventory (storage), do I need a special method to equip it to the leader player combatant?
    (To prevent being equipped on a dummy combatant)

ps. I can't understand the meaning of the "Use When Loading" setting of the equiment variable.
    Does this mean that when loading the game, we use variables that have changed from the previous version?
    What does it mean if "SaveVariables" are checked and "Use When Loading" unchecked?
  • 3) Beside using combatant inventories, you can also use item boxes - their box ID is used to have separete boxes, e.g. 'bag1', 'bag2', etc.
    Just make sure you have set up to save item boxes in Menus > Save Game Menu :)

3-1) It doesn't matter where the equipment comes from - it's equipped on the combatant you're using for equipping, e.g. the current user of the menu, who's equipment you're displaying.

Use When Loading for equipment/ability/item variables will use the variable changes you defined when loading a save game (on the individual items), i.e. those variables will be reset to default values. This doesn't affect any other variable on it, only the defined changes in the settings. E.g. if keyA variable is defined in the equipment, it'd get reset to what's defined there - but keyB that was added later (e.g. via an event) will stay as it was saved.

Enabling Save Variables will save the individual equipment's variables with save games, having Use When Loading disabled will not use the variable changes upon loading a save game, keeping the saved variables as they are.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2020
    Thank you!.

1. then, what is the "Use Update Variable" option?

When the equipment variable is connected to the formula, does the variable value change every time the result value of the formula changes?

If it is disabled, is the variable value fixed when it is first initialized?

2. How to access equipment variable in script?
    I want to get the float damageBonus from a script.
    equipShortcut.Variables.GetFloat(""); Is it the same as this?

3.How do I call the equipment custom event?
    equipShortcut.StartKeyEvent(); I don't know which parameter to pass.
  • edited January 2021
    1) The update variable changes will be used whenever the equipment's variables change. If you have an equipment variable that depends on other equipment variables, you can use these settings to automatically update them whenever something on the equipment's variables changes.

2) Yes, variables work the same, regardless of their origin.

3) The function is:
    StartKeyEvent(string eventKey, object eventObject, object startingObject, VariableHandler localVariables, Notify finishedCallback)
    eventKey is the key used to identify the event, eventObject and startingObject are what's passed on to the event as, well, event object and starting object (in case you use those actors) and can also be set to null, localVariables can be used to pass on a local variable handler (e.g. if variables should be shared) and can also be set to null, finishedCallback optionally notifies the passed on function (without parameters) that the event finished.
    Basically, all can be null, except for the eventKey.
    Post edited by gamingislove on