edited December 2020 in ORK Support
I'm trying to set up a rotating sphere that always looks at the player, with like a 1 second fade.
The problem comes when setting up any sort of fade. It always restricts the rotation to only the Y axis.

This isn't a problem if there is no fade.

As of right now I can't find a way to rotate-to smoothly with any sort of Fade. I tried changing position with a tiny increment set up with "face direction" and moving towards the player, but this updates every frame so there isn't a nice slow fade.
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Disable all Ignore settings, I guess you're having Ignore Y enabled (which is the default).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • They are all disabled, in fact if I turn any of them on the character doesnt rotate at all.
    Miuratale
  • I'll check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright, will be fixed in the next update :)
  • Thanks! :D
    Miuratale
  • edited January 2021
    So I'm actually having tons of issues with move/rotate in general. Especially if the object is a child.

For instance, something as simple as "Local change position Y+10" winds up moving to some very arbitrary locations. I've been trying to find a way around it but with no luck, it seems what I put in and what I get are totally random.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited January 2021
    AFAIK local positions and child objects are somewhat of a mess to deal with in Unity. If you can give me some details (or a small Unity test project) I can look into it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited January 2021
    Ah, I just found out this one was on me. The rotation of the model in the child was off, so Y wasn't up... Yeah, it's a mess lol
    Does it automatically rotate an axis for a child object to -90 for you? Just curious.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Not sure, in what context is that happening?

Generally, a child object is (naturally) operating in local space of it's parent (which is also in it's parent local space, etc.), which can make stuff complicated :)