Hello, I thought that there was a strategy Game Asset on Unity, but apparently there isn't (Or maybe I'm not searching the right thing). I have come up with a unique alternative, but I would like to know if it's possible in the first place so I wont waste any money.

During portions of the game I would like to transport the player to a new map either by talking to an NPC or through an automatic event before or after a cut scene. The player has to participate in a Turn Based fight upon a vehicle such as a ship. The ship moves on a grid like system such as this:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2392

They are only able to move 1 space per turn or maybe there could be a damage reward system that allows them to move more than 1 space per turn.

Is this at all possible to have PLUS a Real Time Battle System? This would act as a Mini Game like Blitz Ball was for Final Fantasy 10.

Thank You!
David Daniels
  • Possible yes, but not out of the box.
    E.g. grid movement is currently not possible out of the box and you'd need to do it yourself.

Using real time battles for something like blitzball isn't really the right choice, but depends on what the mini game is about. You can do things like this with the event system as well :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here's what I mean a little better.

I want to create a mini game where the player controls an airship that combats other airships. My original hope was to have the ship move on a grid with the others 1 space at a time per turn. Once the ship nears another ship they participate in a turn based battle where the other ships can still move while you defeat the other ship. Once the ship is beaten, you move on to combat the others. Once all of the ships are defeated you win. Then you return to your previous location.

The game would normally have Real Time Battles with other monsters.
  • Hm, could be done with the event system but may be a bit complex.

E.g. the grid movement can be simulated by simply moving the ships with the move direction steps up/down/left/right by 1 every time.
    You'd have to create a game event that cycles through the movement routine for all ships (the player movement can use the Wait For Input Fork or a choice dialogue for the player's input) and handles battle (e.g. simulating the battle menu through dialogues) - once this is working, you'd only need to have a condition at the end that checks for the battle's end and returns to the event's start otherwise.
    All the logic can be done using game variables (and object variables for the ships health, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!