edited January 2021 in ORK Support
Hi, i am using battle grids and i have a problem with enemy a.i.
I have set up a simple close combat attack ai but the Grid Move node doesn't work.
While testing the game, the enemies attack the player if at close combat range, but if the player is distant, no movement occurs and the turn ai gets terminated.
Here's an image of the a.i. event:
https://dropbox.com/s/7yr6dxlsj2h6gjh/GridMove.jpg?dl=0

It's driving me mad, lol. If i change move type to random the enemies correctly wander around the battlegrind for each turn, so the movement event should be correct.
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • It's most likely due to no target having been found yet - try using a Get Nearest node before the Grid Move node to use the nearest enemy (or whoever you want to move toward).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, it works now! I assumed the check grid distance already put the target into memory. Seems that's not the case.
  • The Success slot puts targets into the found targets, the Failed slot doesn't.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!