I've been getting some action combos set up to create basic attack cycles with a series of "light attacks" or "heavy attacks" that use different animations and do slightly different amounts of damage, etc. I've been really surprised and pleased with how easy and straightforward this has been. It's really a great system.
I've got it all set up and it's all working great. But I'm wondering if there's a way to get the animations to flow into eachother a little more. Right now the character returns to their battle idle animation between attacks. But I'm wondering if there's a way to get them to chain into eachother without returning to the idle animation if you use the attacks back to back? Is it as easy as adjusting the "wait" times during the attack abilities animation events?
I'm currently using mechanim animations. And my animator has transitions with trigger conditions set up to go from the attack animations to eachother as well as to and from idle and any state.
  • Generally, that's mainly up to your animation setup. It'll probaby be best to not use ORK's auto animations here, as that's what most likely triggers the idle animation in between.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep, cancel auto animation during a combo string. That allows your animation to either loop or hang depending on your settings.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale