edited June 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

------------------------------------------

This time it will be a smaller update :)
  • Battle System: Auto Join
    The new Auto Join settings allow combatants within a defined range of a starting battle to automatically join in on the battle. The default settings are done in the Battle Settings, while every Battle component can override those settings.
    Auto joining is only available in arena battles (i.e. using the Battle component), not in real time area battles (naturally).
  • Status Values
    Damage and critical damage notifications can be set to Ignore 0 Damage, i.e. not display the notification text and HUD flash when no real damage is done.
  • Ignoring Barrier Values
    Changing status values can now optionally ignore a Consumable type status value's barrier and target the status value directly.
    This is available wherever status values can be changed, e.g. user/target changes in abilities/items, event steps, etc.
  • Event System: Movement Steps
    The new Change Gravity step allows changing Physics.gravity or Physics2D.gravity, which will influence all rigidbodies in your game :)
  • Battle Menus
    The new Audio Settings allow defining an audio clip that will be playec when opening and closing the battle menu, similar to the clips in menu screens.
  • Status Effects: Status Conditions
    The status conditions got a new setting named Keep Overflow. You can use this to keep changes that can't be done to status values and add them to the next change.
    E.g.: a change of 2.5 will only do a change of 2 to a status value (since they are integers), Keep Overflow will remember those 0.5 and add it to the next change (resulting in 3 for the next change).
  • Abilities, Items
    The new Target Requirements allow optionally using status requirements and variable conditions (also object variables) on targets.
    If a combatant doesn't meet the requirements, it can't be targeted.
I'll add some other small updates, release sometime next week!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 0 damage notifications have been a pain to me, so great to see a way to get rid of them. :D
    Ignoring barriers will also help as long as they can apply for Use Costs, which it sounds like they will.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited June 2014
    Are there any fixes planned for some issues in real time combat for this update ?

Like the auto disable of "buttonplayercontroller" (did not happen in v2.0.3)

Thanks
    Post edited by nasos_333 on
  • Could you please add a small feature , i just want to play a sound when the battle menu spawns , not only when switching , but for each combatant's turn , thank you
  • Perfect, thanks for adding that stuff so soon, GiL!

@Tr1nome

Like an optional SFX for GUIboxes when they're spawned?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • battle auto join! YAAAY! Was I actually the person that requested it? If so, its an awesome addition to the system =)

• edited June 2014
    Hmm, I glossed over Auto Join at first glance because I didn't understand what it was doing, but now that I look it over again, is it basically like Encounter Links from Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Xillia?
    Post edited by JellyPaladin on
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • @nasos_333
    As soon as I find the issues :)

@Tr1nome
    Will look into it - shouldn't be that big of a deal.

@Ramen
    Well, it was already on my list ... since you requested it I thought I might as well implement it :D

@JellyPaladin
    I have no idea how Encounter Links from the tales series work, the Auto Join will simply include all combatants in the scene, that are within a defined range to the battle, to automatically also join the battle at start.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @Kirb
    yes that's what i meant , play an audio clip each time the battle menus appear :)

@GamingisLove
    Thank you , yeah that's a little request :p
  • @gamingislove
    Alrighty, guess I'll just wait and see what it's like. =) EarthBound is another game that resembles what I'm thinking of based on your description.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited June 2014
    And here's for Tr1nome :)
    • Battle Menus
      The new Audio Settings allow defining an audio clip that will be playec when opening and closing the battle menu, similar to the clips in menu screens.
  • edited June 2014
    So, ORK Framework 2.1.2 will be released tomorrow - not that much updates or big features, just some small stuff:
    • Status Effects: Status Conditions
      The status conditions got a new setting named Keep Overflow. You can use this to keep changes that can't be done to status values and add them to the next change.
      E.g.: a change of 2.5 will only do a change of 2 to a status value (since they are integers), Keep Overflow will remember those 0.5 and add it to the next change (resulting in 3 for the next change).
    • Abilities, Items
      The new Target Requirements allow optionally using status requirements and variable conditions (also object variables) on targets.
      If a combatant doesn't meet the requirements, it can't be targeted.
  • Yes! Thank you for adding overflow. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Awww no Battle System: Auto Join? I am so sadden now =(
  • Ramen, I think you are mistaken. GiL's latest post said that he'll add Status Effects: Status Conditions and Abilities, Items to the list of the small updates release, not that those two are the only things he'll release. So yep, the full list of what he'll release are still the ones on the first post, including Battle System: Auto Join.
  • Hmm, until now I've been artificially simulating Target Requirements for enemies through Battle AI, but this could open up a new world for playable characters. Cool addition!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin