In my game, I have game objects with the AddCombatant component so they become combatants at runtime. Each of these game object has a different name (i.e.: soldierA, soldierB). However, since I chose the same combatant in the AddCombatant component, they get renamed to the same name for all of them. And then, in battle, they get renamed another time so they have the name of the combatant and a number.

I understand that I chose to have suffix for combatants of the same type during battles, but why does ORK have to rename the game object in addition to the combatant name? Why couldn't those 2 names be different?

The problem I have is that my code does specific stuff by using the Find() method and I can't distinguish between my soldiers since ORK rename them to have the same name. And then, even if I rename them at start, ORK rename them again before each battle...
  • ORK only renames the game object if you have Set Object Name enabled in the combatant's prefab settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Errr... You're totally right! Should have seen that. Sorry and thanks for the help!
  • I don't have Set Object Name enabled and my Combatants names are still renamed to "Bandit", "Bandit A" and "Bandit B". What's wrong ?
  • @MarcioHan only in battles or at the start of the game?
  • Upon verification in my scene, combatants don't get renamed, even if I set enemy counter to Letters in Battle System/Battle Settings/Base Settings.

When you write that you Combatant names are renamed, do you mean the name of the game objects in your Unity Scene or the name of the ORK Combatants? Because if it is only the name of the ORK Combatants, then, as I just wrote, you can change that in Battle Settings/Base Settings.
  • Oh my god, thank you very much for help! :) I have HUD above combatants that shows health and name, so this counter is pointless