edited February 2021 in ORK Scripting
Hi,
I want to know if it is possible with ORK to set up battles where both the player and the AI decide their orders in an 'order phase'. Then, in the 'action phase', the turn (let's say divided into 10 pulses) plays out simultaneously. Characters would try to perform their orders but would react to enemy moves, line of sight/ fire/ melee. Who reacts/ attacks/ fires first would depend on the reaction speed (skill) of each character.

What I mean is x-comm style turns, BUT where both players' units move simultaneously in 'pulses', reacting to events that unfold.
Thanks,
Lance
Post edited by ajarnlance on
  • Generally, it could be set up using Classic turn based mode and using Dynamic Combat, which will first have everyone select their actions and afterwards allows them to be performed simultaneously.

Reacting to the others while performing their actions would have to be done in the battle events used to animate them - might be somewhat complex to set up, but could be doable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks. My idea is that after the player gives his orders the computer plays the turn for both the player and the AI, with reactions happening in each 'pulse' of the turn. As you say, programming the reactions is going to be the complicated part. It will involve checking the character's reaction times, morale, level of aggression, cover etc...
  • You can also use the battle events to call custom code - in case you're able to script that logic yourself it'd probably be a lot easier than trying to do it via events :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!