I'm trying to think of a way of having a non variable wait for certain things, like a characters weapon being completed.
This is easy on 1 scene with the wait command, but is there an easy way to set a timer that persists through different scenes?
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Research Trees can use time based stuff, you can e.g. use them for that kind of thing. Alternatively, the crafting events should also keep going between scene changes.

For regular game events, e.g. started via interactions, they'd only persist if their game object is still alive ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, research trees might work, hadn't considered that.
    Also if the wait-time passes through scenes with an alive object, aka the player, that could work too. Just mount empty game objects with the event.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Uh ... the player also isn't kept between scenes, there's a new one spawned (if the scene change is set up for that).

Generally, ORK only keeps the _ORK game object alive, and game events that do scene transitions also keep their event object alive :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!