edited June 2014 in ORK Support
Hi, I want to create more options for the main menu, I only have 'New Game' and 'Load Game'.

Since I'm create a game for mobile, I want to have options like 'More apps' and 'Rate' and some others that I can think in future.

Is this possible?

I see a Custom Choice option in the Menu -> Main Menu settings, I create two custom choices, one named 'Rate' and other called 'More Apps', but I don't know how to use it, I just want to use the basic Url function of Unity 'Application.OpenURL ("http://unity3d.com/");'
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • The Custom Choices in the main menu are used to call your custom scripts on a game object.
    You'll need to:
    - create a simple component that does what you need
    - add it to a game object in the main menu scene
    - set up your custom choice to find the object (e.g. by searching for your component)
    - set up your custom choice to call a function in your script
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I create a Custom Choice with the text 'More Apps'.
    Then I create a game object called 'CustomSelect' and attach a C# script to it called 'AppRedirect' and create inside the 'AppRedirect' a method 'void moreApps()'.

So I have a 'CustomSelect' game object, a script called 'AppRedirect' and a method 'moreApps'.

In the Custom Choices, specific in Call Obejct Settings, the Search Type, I choose 'Name', the Search Name, I write 'CustomSelect', in Function Settings settings, the Component Name I write AppRedirect and finally in Function name I write moreApps.

But when I run the game I click in the More Apps option in the main menu and receive a error message:

Method not found (AppRedirect): moreApps

I try to change the 'Search Type' to component, but it not works.
  • edited June 2014
    You need to change the method to:

public void moreApps()
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2014
    It works now, but I found another problem.

When I click the Rate button, the game is redirected to the webpage that I want, but when I come back to the game, the menu is not appearing anymore. How I can get the menu appear again? or it's possible that the menu not disappear?
    Post edited by fabiobh on
  • The main menu will automatically close when a custom choice is selected.
    You can open it again by using this code:

ORK.MainMenu.menu.Show();

To access this, you have to import the ORKFramework namespace:

using ORKFramework;
  • It works perfectly!

Thanks.