Hey, me again.

So, when I start a new game, it spawns me in, I am where I should be distanced from the Camera. When I change scenes, the camera repositions itself much closer to my player than it is supposed to, making things difficult to see. When I change back to the original scene, again I am too close, like it forgot the settings I set in the Base/Control -> Game Controls -> Camera Controls.

I have it set to Follow,
SC Blocked Checked
Child is head
Not using unscaled time.
Distance 3.5
Height 2.5
H Damp 3
R Damp 6

Though when I change scenes it appears to change the distance to more like 1.5 - 1.75 while keeping the same height.
Any advice on what I am missing or forgetting about?
  • Did a quick test with the same setup and worked fine here, so it's most likely somehow depending on your player's game object.

Does the child object exist after the scene change?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks a bunch. So I ended up narrowing it down to events, and in my earlier days I had set up the camera on the startEvent to be in field mode which was why I was having issues, then my Camera Event had a Mount node instead of Initial Position, once I took the Camera Position Change from the startEvent out, and used Initial Position in the Camera Event at the end, everything is working fine.

Thanks for helping narrow it down some. I started with the child object, then changed the distance in the Game Controls and found that it was only mucked up after an event so that made it much easier to pick out where the problem was coming from. Learned about the Camera Nodes more too, so thanks for that also.